Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If the petty name calling and mud-slinging continues, this thread will be the next one to be closed and infractions issued...

Discuss in an adult manner - if you can't, don't post - simple

Leave a comment:

• Mupetz
    replied
    You people need to get laid ASAP

Leave a comment:

• rhens
    replied
    how in the world do some of you run your forums as a business? how many of you are 12 years old? if you find a bug, report it! it is not up to you to search jira to see if its already in there. that task is someone else's to chase down. if the same report is in there multiple times....big woof. if they get tired of this condition...they can fix it and make it go away. i'm not suggesting you assume the role of the seller here. what i'm getting at is that each of you have a unique set of experiences with vBulletin software in a live application. this cannot be duplicated in a lab or a control group of 6 nerds. you have a set of eyes that look at things from a different angle. when i look at vB5.0, i see where they intend to go with it...and i see cutting edge stuff here. if all you see is problems, then stop wasting all our time, and go elsewhere. if your ***** hurts...go to the doctor, and quit whining!

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    Originally posted by soniceffect View Post
    Its almost like people don't want things to be fixed just so that they can moan about them again a week later.
    It's exactly like that. A few people just want to ***** in every thread. It's become tiresome.

Leave a comment:

• soniceffect
    replied
    Originally posted by AlexanderT View Post
    ^^^ this.
    Fair enough. Answer to your question is yes, Im finished. I am not going to apologise for the fact as that to me is how it looks.

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
    Just again:Not really.
    Don't expect people to go search hundreds,thousands of reports there.

The developers job is to create software perhaps with a few accidental bugs.
    People would report them to Jira or simply report it here and someone would then put it to Jira.

As it is now it is a headache for the people and a headache for the support staff.
    REALLY ridiculous to see from them: REPORT IT IN JIRA.

Actually the searching for stuff in Jira I completely agree is a royal pain in the backside. I will try to look for them if I can however IMO if people are having a problem with something I would just report it in jira and not look for it in Jira if that is a problem, rather than not report it in there at all. Yeah someone may close it as duplicate, however at least you know its there. I have done this quite a few times even after searching for it.

The thing is as much as a pain as it may be, it would be a nightmare to pick out bugs from individuals comments throughout the forum itself. We may find it hard to use, however its hard to argue that it does seem to make it easier for them to track, link bugs together, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied
    Originally posted by Mupetz View Post
    @rhens You confuse commercial software with open source software. vBulletin ain't phpBB. We are customers and not contributors or donators
    That's the point.
    I have reported 42 vB4 bugs into the tracker to improve the product and because I was hoping they make the mistake of releasing an unfinished product only once.
    Now with vB5 it's even more worse, it's not only an unfinished product it is an unusable product at all right now.
    It makes no sense to me to further support this bad business practice because they will never learn the lesson if we continue to support it.
    But it's fine if some of you have a different viewpoint.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Thats all well and good, however thats the area for reporting bugs whether we like it or not. I also dont like it, however thats what they use to organise the development of the software. So when people are just not bothering posting things in there and wonder why things dont get fixed, I just dont get it.
    Just again:Not really.
    Don't expect people to go search hundreds,thousands of reports there.

The developers job is to create software perhaps with a few accidental bugs.
    People would report them to Jira or simply report it here and someone would then put it to Jira.

As it is now it is a headache for the people and a headache for the support staff.
    REALLY ridiculous to see from them: REPORT IT IN JIRA.

Leave a comment:

• AlexanderT
    replied
    Im sorry but if people feel the word "pathetic" is an insult then maybe its time people stop being.
    You will eventually realise how moronic you guys actually look at times.
    ^^^ this.

Leave a comment:

• soniceffect
    replied
    Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
    Not really.
    People don't like Jira.
    It's that simple.
    Thats all well and good, however thats the area for reporting bugs whether we like it or not. I also dont like it, however thats what they use to organise the development of the software. So when people are just not bothering posting things in there and wonder why things dont get fixed, I just dont get it.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Its almost like people don't want things to be fixed just so that they can moan about them again a week later.
    Not really.
    People don't like Jira.
    It's that simple.

Leave a comment:

• soniceffect
    replied
    This post is accompanied by floods of tears. Are you done now with your insults?
    That was all you could come up with? I said my piece and Im sorry but if people feel the word "pathetic" is an insult then maybe its time people stop being. Sorry, it just gets annoying when every single topic on the forum is people going over and over and over the same things.

Answer me one question. Since when has it become a problem to post something in the correct area? We are all forum admin, I would have thought we would be the last people arguing the case about not posting things in Jira. Its almost like people don't want things to be fixed just so that they can moan about them again a week later.

Leave a comment:

• AlexanderT
    replied
    How hard do you think it is for developers to keep track of bugs...
    This post is accompanied by floods of tears. Are you done now with your insults?

Leave a comment:

• soniceffect
    replied
    Uhm. No, a customer not posting to JIRA is not pathetic. This is not about a customer having a special, individual request or finding an exotic, difficult to reproduce bug. It's about a piece of code released as beta and sold as such despite the fact that there have been so many things wrong with it. The very fact that you expect customers to come forward and "identify" those obvious issues says enough about the current state of this company.
    Im sorry but no you are wrong. It is pathetic. If you go to any other forum software they will ask you to post into the relevant section for bugs. This doesnt matter wether its a forum, a bug tracker, or whatever. It doesnt matter if its exotic or difficult to reproduce. How hard do you think it is for developers to keep track of bugs which are spread throughout multiple sections on a forum.

What is more pathetic is that when IB, the staff, and the developer are not organised that people call them every name under the sun. Unorganised, unprofessional, etc etc etc etc, however the second they try to organise something and do something in a correct manor to help them track, categorise and remove the duplication of bugs, improvement requests and more people critisise it. So Im sorry but its all pathetic.

The fact is that no matter what anyone that works for IB does, certain people will say it is wrong. It doesnt matter whether it "is" actually wrong or not. One of these days people will grow up.

I've said it time and time again, quite diplomatically. You get people such as Shaun and Scott who although I dont always agree with them at least do not argue for no apparent reason, then you get everyone else who argues for the sake of arguing. Some of us want to make the software better. Some of us dont thing its as bad as the rest of you make it out to be. Some of us have our own opinions and regardless of the ridiculous fanbois statements actually have our own minds. The only fanbois on here are actually the people who are joining the "hate vbulletin regardless of what they change" crew. You will eventually realise how moronic you guys actually look at times.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    Customers assisting with the identification of "bugs" in vBulletin software is not a new concept. Customers assisting with the identification of "bugs" in any software is not a new concept. Windows, Adobe, Apple, pretty much any known software has a built-in error or crash report function. vBulletin is no different. Nothing is gained by bashing the product and the company in every thread.

Leave a comment:

• AlexanderT
    replied
    Uhm. No, a customer not posting to JIRA is not pathetic. This is not about a customer having a special, individual request or finding an exotic, difficult to reproduce bug. It's about a piece of code released as beta and sold as such despite the fact that there have been so many things wrong with it. The very fact that you expect customers to come forward and "identify" those obvious issues says enough about the current state of this company.

Leave a comment: