Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ETA on release date for the official version will be out??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by goldenbrown View Post
    The official version is already out. Who cares what they call it?
    Beta versions are not supported so I'd hardly call it official unless something has changed.

    Added:
    If you purchase during the Beta Program, we will provide ticket support as possible during the Beta Program.

    Although I think anyone would be foolish to install a beta version on live site.
    Last edited by steven s; Sat 6th Oct '12, 10:58am. Reason: added support
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

    Comment


    • #17
      If i see the mega list of bugs and troubels it wil be a long time before its going official.
      Maybe with eastern...........
      VB The Next Social Media plugin!
      I don't buy VB5!

      Comment


      • #18
        It was stated by IB that vB5 Connect would be out "later this year". So anytime between now and the next 75 days.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by AlexanderT View Post
          It was stated by IB that vB5 Connect would be out "later this year". So anytime between now and the next 75 days.
          It is already out as far as I am concerned. Now they can get the product truly ready and not screw up the brand by naming it gold too early.
          Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

          Comment


          • #20
            Dec 5 18:00 this is when Scott hands over free vB5.0 to me.

            Comment


            • #21
              I don't get it: Why do people ask for a release date so constantly, when every 1-minute search comes up with the result, that it is planned to release vB 5 this year?

              Other than that I really don't care, if a new version is called beta or not. I just hope the developers take both all the time and all the effort that is needed to create a really good product. At the moment vB 5 needs a lot of work to become anywhere close to a usuable product, but the software has so much potential, that it is totally worth waiting. Where is the point, if it would be released as vB 5.0.0 (without "Beta"), just to call it a "gold release", if it isn't there yet? I even wouldn't be sad, if vB 5 doesn't show up this year anymore. There is a vB 4.2 to work with at the moment and vB 5 will be the next step – but only when it is worth to take the next step.

              Cheers!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by TLMD View Post
                I don't get it: Why do people ask for a release date so constantly, when every 1-minute search comes up with the result, that it is planned to release vB 5 this year?

                Other than that I really don't care, if a new version is called beta or not. I just hope the developers take both all the time and all the effort that is needed to create a really good product. At the moment vB 5 needs a lot of work to become anywhere close to a usuable product, but the software has so much potential, that it is totally worth waiting. Where is the point, if it would be released as vB 5.0.0 (without "Beta"), just to call it a "gold release", if it isn't there yet? I even wouldn't be sad, if vB 5 doesn't show up this year anymore. There is a vB 4.2 to work with at the moment and vB 5 will be the next step – but only when it is worth to take the next step.

                Cheers!
                +1 i 100% agree with you...

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by TLMD View Post
                  I don't get it: Why do people ask for a release date so constantly, when every 1-minute search comes up with the result, that it is planned to release vB 5 this year?

                  Other than that I really don't care, if a new version is called beta or not. I just hope the developers take both all the time and all the effort that is needed to create a really good product. At the moment vB 5 needs a lot of work to become anywhere close to a usuable product, but the software has so much potential, that it is totally worth waiting. Where is the point, if it would be released as vB 5.0.0 (without "Beta"), just to call it a "gold release", if it isn't there yet? I even wouldn't be sad, if vB 5 doesn't show up this year anymore. There is a vB 4.2 to work with at the moment and vB 5 will be the next step – but only when it is worth to take the next step.

                  Cheers!
                  I bought, I have an empty website sitting around waiting on it to go gold. And I can go live with it now and build it beta by beta. But I don't want it to go gold until it is almost perfect. I don't care if it takes another year. I just hope that the "by end of year" release date doesn't push it out to early. vB please don't become gold until it is true gold or almost perfect.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I'll wait to upgrade until I see that vbulletin.com has converted this site from v4 to vb5 and I get a chance to see how it really works on their fully converted site instead of an nearly empty demo site.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Rik Brown View Post
                      I'll wait to upgrade until I see that vbulletin.com has converted this site from v4 to vb5 and I get a chance to see how it really works on their fully converted site instead of an nearly empty demo site.
                      I would also wait to see what IB does with all their other property (their own forums). Once those get upgraded to vB5 then you know vB's parent company trusts the software. Until then I would wait.
                      Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        hope it will release the final/gold version before December 2012, before the holiday

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          They said they aim to release it by the end of the year, so you could take that to mean that the latest it could be released is Dec 31st.

                          With any software company, I would always assume though, that any such dates could be subject to change. Software development works that way.

                          - - - Updated - - -

                          Originally posted by rudedog1968 View Post
                          I would also wait to see what IB does with all their other property (their own forums). Once those get upgraded to vB5 then you know vB's parent company trusts the software. Until then I would wait.
                          Not this old chestnut again.

                          I trust vB5. But I won't be moving my site off vB4 any time soon. Why? Because it's extremely modified and I don't have the skills to rewrite all of that myself.

                          I may be starting a new site and that will be on vB5.
                          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                          TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
                          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by rudedog1968 View Post
                            I would also wait to see what IB does with all their other property (their own forums). Once those get upgraded to vB5 then you know vB's parent company trusts the software. Until then I would wait.
                            So you would not run 3.8.7 either then ?

                            (few IB sites do, most appear to run 3.7.x or 3.6.x).
                            Baby, I was born this way

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Paul M View Post
                              So you would not run 3.8.7 either then ?

                              (few IB sites do, most appear to run 3.7.x or 3.6.x).
                              Thinking about that, IB were behind the making of 3.8 lol. Hmmm we need to think of a new conspiracy theory now.
                              Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Amaury25 View Post
                                It'll be released when it's ready.
                                wow, thanks for that obvious answer.
                                http://www.ironmagazine.com - blog
                                http://www.ironmagazineforums.com - forums
                                http://www.ironmaglabs.com - supplements

                                Comment

                                Related Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X