• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by rexxxy View Post
    the software wasn't stable enough to handle vb.com
    That's what everyone just said above ....
    It's a beta that isnt ready for a Live site such vb.com.

In fact, you probably could get away with it in a small [or new] site, but entirely at your own risk.

Leave a comment:

• rexxxy
    replied
    oh please how many times this site been updated to beta. Lets not sugar coat the answer, the software wasn't stable enough to handle vb.com

Leave a comment:

• sross
    replied
    In vbulletin land

beta = pre-alpha
    gold = beta1

so you will not see it around here for a while. This to me looks like a classic case of management rushing out another undeveloped product. I was shocked to see how vb5 beta ran. I thought after the vb4 mishaps that the vb5 beta would be quite polished and intriguing. It actually send me shopping for other forum products after what I saw.

Leave a comment:

• liamwli
    replied
    Originally posted by Zeky View Post
    It is the question!.. It is so slow and there is no CMS system and you want more than 200$ !!! Are you crazy!?
    Because it is BETA software. It has bugs, and needs fixes. vBulletin have said that you shouldn't use a BETA software on a live site. If you want it STABLE, buy it when it is STABLE.

Leave a comment:

• joeychgo
    replied
    I guess you missed all the times they pointed out the version is in BETA..

Leave a comment:

• soniceffect
    replied
    Because its not yet ready for an upgraded live site as stated in the announcement. Betas are never recommended to be running on a live site. End of the day if you dont want it till its out of beta, buy it when it is out of beta

Leave a comment:

• Zeky
    started a topic Why dont you use vB5 on this forum?

Why dont you use vB5 on this forum?

It is the question!.. It is so slow and there is no CMS system and you want more than 200$ !!! Are you crazy!?