X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by ndL View Post
    staff, anyone? could you tell as all.. why ? why this peace of sh*cough*it*cough*code is sooo slow? i guess people making new things after they learn from their past mistakes...

with an each day our respect and willingness to see something better decreases...
    Trying to get around the language filters isn't the best way to get an answer on anything. Follow the forum rules.

We've explained performance issues elsewhere, we're not doing it again.

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied
    It's simple. Nowadays everything needs to be done quick, be it working, eating, browsing etc..
    The world is in a hurry.
    Vbulletin is in front to experience slowness again. So, we should see it from a new perspective.

Leave a comment:

• ndL
    replied
    staff, anyone? could you tell as all.. why ? why this peace of sh*cough*it*cough*code is sooo slow? i guess people making new things after they learn from their past mistakes...

with an each day our respect and willingness to see something better decreases...

Leave a comment:

• Deimos
    replied
    I can't believe how slow it is, compared to a live, populated site:

VB4 Forum - 4596 ms
    VB5 Demo - 14883 ms

Seems to be about 13-16 seconds for VB5, according to all the website speed tests I've run.

Leave a comment:

• Bülent
    replied
    problem is that your server from your machine

Leave a comment:

• zascok
    replied
    Cashing on server side https://www.varnish-cache.org/about

Originally posted by Alien View Post
    What was strange, was it was dreadfully slow to start for a few days.

Then, something happened where it was super-fast for about 36-48 hours. Now, it's the slowest I remember seeing it.

Someone was clearly working on something at some point on that demo location. I tried new browsers (to rule out caching) and it was still super-quick to load. The only thing that remained slow was, for example on the index page, it loaded content of other stuff (like tags, latest activity) then snapped/jumped to show the forums and categories. There is a lot of jumping throughout the entire site when multiple tabs/sections are available.

Leave a comment:

• Alien
    replied
    What was strange, was it was dreadfully slow to start for a few days.

Then, something happened where it was super-fast for about 36-48 hours. Now, it's the slowest I remember seeing it.

Someone was clearly working on something at some point on that demo location. I tried new browsers (to rule out caching) and it was still super-quick to load. The only thing that remained slow was, for example on the index page, it loaded content of other stuff (like tags, latest activity) then snapped/jumped to show the forums and categories. There is a lot of jumping throughout the entire site when multiple tabs/sections are available.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by zero477 View Post
    Hello Guys,

I feel that the demo is very slow. When I post something a "Working" message appears and I can wait up to 10 seconds before something happens.
    yes we know. There have been quite a number of threads on this very issue in the past. We're working on improving the software's performance.

Leave a comment:

• oldz442
    replied
    You want fast? Check out www.ar15.com. IIRC, they use a complete custom setup. Viewing pages is faster than a jackrabbit on a date (at least for me).

Leave a comment:

• zero477
    started a topic Super Slow

Super Slow

Hello Guys,

I feel that the demo is very slow. When I post something a "Working" message appears and I can wait up to 10 seconds before something happens.