Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thenoob2012
    • Aug 2012

New Threads/Posts Posted to Twitter

I suggested a Twitter Feature to be added. Basically, I requested that new topics/posts be posted to a Twitter Account. Admin has ability to toggle this on or off per forum/channel and has ability to select which content is posted, i.e. new threads only, new posts only, or both. You can see the complete request here http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-4587.

Vote if you like it.

Thanks!
  • cpvrx
    • Feb 2011
    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by thenoob2012
    I suggested a Twitter Feature to be added. Basically, I requested that new topics/posts be posted to a Twitter Account. Admin has ability to toggle this on or off per forum/channel and has ability to select which content is posted, i.e. new threads only, new posts only, or both. You can see the complete request here http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-4587.

Vote if you like it.

Thanks!
    You can do that with Twitterfeed though. But ya, I think the feature would be a good one. Also "Tweet this" on forum threads/blogs
    Owner of Virtual pet list
    Do you need to buy art?

Comment

• Mrdale96
      • Feb 2005
      • 4.2.X

This would be a great feature. You should ask to have the abioty to control whose content is posted to Twitter through usergroups. This way , trolls, spam, etc.. doesn't get pushed out to Twitter
      Pittsburgh Sports Forum | http://www.pghsportsforum.com/forum
      Twitter - @pghsportsforum
      Facebook - www.facebook.com/pghsportsforum

Comment

• Merenguista
        • Jul 2010
        • 5.3.x

+1

Comment

• mathias
          • May 2003

I do this with RSS thats already built in.

Comment

• Alfa1
            • Dec 2005
            • 3.8.x

How would that work for active websites? Why would you want to have all random chatter on twitter?
            I buy 420 forums

Comment

• thenoob2012
              • Aug 2012

For me I would only do it for certain forum, for example hunting. I then would make a twitter account specifically for hunting. I would tweet every new thread from my hunting forum, in hopes that when people on twitter search twitter for hunting phrases they may find my tweets, follow me, and hopefully join me site.

Comment

• Hunter Kino
                • Oct 2012
                • 4.2.X

How do you do this now with a twitter account. For example I have an account and want certain posts that I designate in some format i.e. a group or something to be posted to my timeline feed. How can I do this and what do i need to do it? Thanks for the help.

Comment

• thenoob2012
                  • Aug 2012

I believe right now you would have to get the rss of the forum you are wanting to use. Then you would have to sign up for Twitterfeed and make a feed using your rss url. Once you do that you can authenicate your twitter acount and it will start posting rss feeds as tweets.

If you are wanting to post to your Facebook timeline, I think you would have to do the above plus download the RSS Graffiti app for Facebook.

Comment

• Hunter Kino
                    • Oct 2012
                    • 4.2.X

OK great and how do I know what the RSS feed is for my forum? Thanks

Comment

• thenoob2012
                      • Aug 2012

Log into admin and select options-external data provider. Click on edit settings and then set to yes "Enable RSS Syndication" and "Enable XML Syndication".

Below is how you should be able to get the rss feed of a specific forum. Just input your site information and the forum id number of the forum you are wanting to use.

This should work for Vbulletin 4. Don't know about V5.

Comment

• Hunter Kino
                        • Oct 2012
                        • 4.2.X

great thanks for the help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎