X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    I would encourage people to take a look at my suggestion here:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-3290

It is being considered for future versions, I think it would address a majority of the gallerylike issues we're having now
    Photo Gallery and Video Gallery or just Photo?
    www.wood-furniture.biz/forums/

Comment

I don't think PHP is easily capable of emulating something like youtube, if that is what you're after.
      So I don't really see a huge ability for us to host video galleries. Unless you're after just being able to embed your own videos (from youtube) onto a gallery.

Comment

I don't think PHP is easily capable of emulating something like youtube, if that is what you're after.
        So I don't really see a huge ability for us to host video galleries. Unless you're after just being able to embed your own videos (from youtube) onto a gallery.
        I'm thinking about something like here - you can embed videos from youtube, vimeo, etc...

http://www.wood-furniture.biz/forums/media.php

Comment

Originally posted by waldvb View Post
          I'm thinking about something like here - you can embed videos from youtube, vimeo, etc...

http://www.wood-furniture.biz/forums/media.php

VBIV-15435

Comment

Originally posted by zascok View Post

exactly

Comment

You actually get a media album on your profile in vBulletin 5. In there will be a collection of all the videos you have linked.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortforum View Post
                Maybe you missed that vb 5 is in beta mode. Any admin trying to upgrade at this point would have nervs of steel and/or be very foolish.
                Or maybe you are wrong.
                Powered by vBulletinŽ Version 4.2.0
                See they aren't using it.

Apart from that what I have just read sounds awesome.
                Loving the fact that we are going to have our own media library.
                Also awesome to hear that we don't have to login using our customer numbers and passwords to get the product. It's much better!

Also I just had a look at the vBulletin Demo. Looks rather cool guys. It's a better layout, The login system is better and the style is awesome.
                If you want to compare it to any other software you could say it's similar to what Invision Power Boards are using but it's cooler and better on the eyes.
                Last edited by carntheroos4eva; Thu 20th Sep '12, 6:27pm.
                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Lets be honest here...

Vbtube.com does videos both attached or uploaded music and pictures so its possible

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                    You actually get a media album on your profile in vBulletin 5. In there will be a collection of all the videos you have linked.
                    I have seen that on the demo, but couldn't find anything to sort things into groups or albums or just find media, maybe i missed it. Is there anything to sort and reach the shared media, or it's behaving like @strema everything that was publish?

Comment

Not that I am interested in emulating youtube (or even in hosting videos), FWIW, why do you think PHP would not be suitable for such a task?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderT View Post
                        Not that I am interested in emulating youtube (or even in hosting videos), FWIW, why do you think PHP would not be suitable for such a task?
                        Because the big boys really aren't using php directly. I believe a lot of the bit sites are running super custom code (which im sure cost a ton to develop), or something like adobe's media server.

Comment

Originally posted by zascok View Post
                          I have seen that on the demo, but couldn't find anything to sort things into groups or albums or just find media, maybe i missed it. Is there anything to sort and reach the shared media, or it's behaving like @strema everything that was publish?
                          I don't know what @strema is. IF you're on your Media Tab you can add videos and photos. The system also collates the videos and photos you post everywhere else. For Photos, you can create multiple albums. Videos are all added to your Video Album.

You can use forum channels to emulate a basic gallery but you would have to create those channels.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Because the big boys really aren't using php directly. I believe a lot of the bit sites are running super custom code (which im sure cost a ton to develop), or something like adobe's media server.
                            Would you consider Facebook a big boy? Sure, there a ways to accelerate PHP. That doesn't mean a youtube clone couldn't be written in PHP.

Adobe's media server is the way to go if you want to stream RTMFP. Fortunately, HTML5 video is there to replace it.

Comment

I'm sure facebook has spent a huge chunk of money, and has a giant network to support video streaming, even if php isn't the best way to do it.

Comment

Side note... YouTube was built on PHP when Google bought it (but they since transitioned it to Python).

I'm kind of curious why people think you can't do video streaming with PHP? PHP is just the language... you can build a video streaming app with any modern language.
                                Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
                                Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Comment