Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live site with VB5?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by AusPhotography View Post
    Originally posted by liamwli View Post
    looks like http://pvgaming.com tried :/
    Beta on a new major release? Cwazy!!!
    There is software out there where this is possible. But nevertheless: Never release anything without proper testing. Can't believe to be that stupid to update without it!
    parkrocker.net - The Rock im Park Festival Community

    Comment


    • #17
      Should have a redirect / note from the web root too. Oh boy .. Really hope forum wasn't busy otherwise that might be it.
      I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by liamwli View Post
        looks like http://pvgaming.com tried :/
        lol... This is so epic fail, you aint supposed to upgrade a live site to a beta version of a new script, at least wait till a stable release is there.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by gedsta View Post
          One way to destroy a community I guess.

          I hope it wasn't a very busy forum. Because it won't be any longer.
          Take a look.
          .......

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
            Looks like a small upstart forum to me, but its growing rapidly.

            Comment


            • #21
              All links and theme broken in the link mentioned above.
              Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

              Comment


              • #22
                Looks like he might need to review his config file and check the urls and paths.

                Comment


                • #23
                  That's quite funny & sad at the same time. The only live vB5 site, bar the vB official vB5 site, doesn't work.
                  Armored Vehicles . My Blog . Obama 2012 .

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Gomjaba View Post
                    Should have a redirect / note from the web root too. Oh boy .. Really hope forum wasn't busy otherwise that might be it.
                    This is Google's cache of http://pvgaming.com/forums/. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 9 Sep 2012 12:59:10 GMT.

                    Threads - 1,921
                    Posts - 9,041
                    Members - 1,183
                    Active Members - 1,145

                    congrats to the webmaster

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      There should be now a lot of folks who bought vB5, nobody out who did a public setup with some nice coloring and design?
                      .......

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by dondino View Post
                        This is Google's cache of http://pvgaming.com/forums/. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 9 Sep 2012 12:59:10 GMT.

                        Threads - 1,921
                        Posts - 9,041
                        Members - 1,183
                        Active Members - 1,145

                        congrats to the webmaster
                        The active members/members ratio is astounding, just like I predicted the forum was quite new but growing at a fast rate. The webmaster probably wanted to bring in even more activity by upgrading to VB5, best luck to him.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Out of curiosity, why would the VB Team put this product out when a plethora of VB4 bugs have never been resolved? Isn't this jumping the gun a bit?

                          From my past experience with upgrading from VB3 to VB4, I will not upgrade for a long time. Upgrading to VB4 was such a total of pain.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by bf777 View Post
                            Out of curiosity, why would the VB Team put this product out when a plethora of VB4 bugs have never been resolved? Isn't this jumping the gun a bit?

                            From my past experience with upgrading from VB3 to VB4, I will not upgrade for a long time. Upgrading to VB4 was such a total of pain.
                            Going to get hung for this I'm sure. The number of outstanding bugs has nothing to do with the specific development of a new branch of software.
                            vBulletin 3 has outstanding bugs, I suspect vB2 would have as well, and vB1 to boot.

                            vBulletin 4 will continue to receive bug fixes and functionality for a time yet, we're not yet done with it. (as of todays posting)

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                              Going to get hung for this I'm sure. The number of outstanding bugs has nothing to do with the specific development of a new branch of software.
                              vBulletin 3 has outstanding bugs, I suspect vB2 would have as well, and vB1 to boot.

                              vBulletin 4 will continue to receive bug fixes and functionality for a time yet, we're not yet done with it. (as of todays posting)
                              Thank you for the reply Zachery.

                              Yes, vBulletin 3 did have bugs, but it didn't have the stylevars crap and I didn't have to constantly revert templates which each upgrade. Do you know how horrible this is for someone with a customized them and dozens of mods?

                              At this point I don't expect to ever upgrade again until the overwhelming majority deem vB5 superior and worth upgrading to.

                              On a side note, is there any way vBulletin will ever build an SEO friendly product out of the box? It seems to me like parts of it are purposely inferior so owners will have to purchase additional mods for hundreds of dollars.

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X