X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    That should still work actually. Plus you have the ability to control who can use HTML per usergroup and on a channel (or forum if you will) by channel basis.
    Sweet. One of my mods I don't need to update.

Leave a comment:

• Deverill
    replied
    Thanks Wayne. Can't rep need to spread some lurrve first

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Deverill View Post
    Is there a explanation regarding channels and nodes? Blog post anywhere? As I have no idea what your talking about lol.
    A node is anything. A channel is a container.

See: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...sked-Questions

Leave a comment:

• Solitaire
    replied
    That should still work actually. Plus you have the ability to control who can use HTML per usergroup and on a channel (or forum if you will) by channel basis. Or you can use the static HTML modules on custom pages to do this.
    This is good then. Ability to have more control over html usage is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Arkham
    replied
    Plus you have the ability to control who can use HTML per usergroup and on a channel (or forum if you will) by channel basis.
    Holy ****. Sorry, I meant "HOLY ****!" ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Deverill
    replied
    Is there a explanation regarding channels and nodes? Blog post anywhere? As I have no idea what your talking about lol.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Yes... there are several JIRA issues related to counting posts. One of the issues is that channels are nodes. It isn't really counting posts, it is counting nodes. So the initial admin gets a few extra nodes added there.

Leave a comment:

• Deverill
    replied
    Is number 8 in the tracker as I had the issue. Started one thread and I suddenly had 18 posts!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Solitaire View Post
    It wasn't an add-on, I just used a .flv and html embed code inside the article.

edit: Oh wait, I do have a player installed on my server so I guess you can technically say that is use of an add-on.
    That should still work actually. Plus you have the ability to control who can use HTML per usergroup and on a channel (or forum if you will) by channel basis. Or you can use the static HTML modules on custom pages to do this.

Leave a comment:

• DecNetPHase4
    replied
    Auto embed of You Tube videos to prevent member leakage would be sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Solitaire
    replied
    Even in 4.X, we only supported linking/embedding videos from third-party sites. If you self-hosted them then you had to be using a third-party addon.
    It wasn't an add-on, I just used a .flv and html embed code inside the article.

edit: Oh wait, I do have a player installed on my server so I guess you can technically say that is use of an add-on.
    Last edited by Solitaire; Sat 15 Sep '12, 8:54am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Solitaire View Post
    I was able to do an embed with videos I hosted on my server before in 4.x. Will this feature be restored with article publishing?
    Even in 4.X, we only supported linking/embedding videos from third-party sites. If you self-hosted them then you had to be using a third-party addon.

Leave a comment:

• Solitaire
    replied
    You can still only link to videos and not truly embed them.
    Oh wow, thats not good.

I was able to do an embed with videos I hosted on my server before in 4.x. Will this feature be restored with article publishing?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
    If we put a video in our root folder could we then link to it and it would show video. Or do we still have to link to something like you tube. Can we now put all video from different site in links or are we restricted to certain sites like You Tube, Hulu and others as before..
    You can still only link to videos and not truly embed them.

Leave a comment:

• Super Cat
    replied
    For 16 you would link videos on the Add Link tab of the content entry.

If we put a video in our root folder could we then link to it and it would show video. Or do we still have to link to something like you tube. Can we now put all video from different site in links or are we restricted to certain sites like You Tube, Hulu and others as before..

Leave a comment: