Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vB5 - a bloated guestbook? A catastrophic failure of the whole company.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB5 - a bloated guestbook? A catastrophic failure of the whole company.

How can there be such a gargantuan contrast between how little the software can do and how bloated the code is and how slow it loads?

Every new feature vB4 introduced over vB3 - blogs, CMS, groups, customizable profiles - was a huge mess from every standpoint - design, functionality, user experience. And three years later nothing was solved.
    I'm so glad we decided to turn it all off and use only the discussion core.

And with this track record vB5 gets completely rewritten, loses all the important details gathered from user feedback over the years, gets 5 times as large, 3 times as slow and changes ALL the f**king URLs in the process?

Mind you, I'm not blaming solely the devs for this. This is a catastrophic failure of the whole company process, of the initial design, of the way the project is run, how the work is organized.

I would be ashamed to have my name under this.

We will never upgrade our forum to vB5. Our users would eat us alive and then leave as quickly as humanly possible.
    Be considerate to your users. Open links in the same window.

Déjà vu, from French, literally "already seen", is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an event or experience currently being experienced has been experienced in the past.

Comment

Yea, I don't see anyone deploying the official release on a live forum when it becomes available. The fact alone that it changes all the urls is a BIG obstacle towards current SEO of an existing website. Not to mention it is cumbersome and hard to navigate. Forumers are going to be pretty pissed off to see this when they log in. Activity feed did not go over well on a forum I just upgraded so I know vb5 is gonna make people quit.
      Vote for my suggestions here and here

Comment