Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am really not trying to be negative..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mondy View Post
    ...
    I concluded that $184 is worth the risk I'll be taking by buying the product, and I am now feeling convinced that doing so is right for many reasons...
    ...

    See, this is makes perfect sense. You run multiple boards, so it's easily worth it for you to buy a single vB5 license in order to test it out and evaluate potentially buying it in the future for all your sites. The is the "planning for the future" kind of stuff I've mentioned in other posts. Worst case scenario, you lost $184 bucks, which is probably less than a day's ad revenue for you (though, if I were you I would have just bought a new license for $225 so worst case scenario you have another vB4 license you can use for another site).

    For me, though, I just run the one site. I have no use for an additional vB4 license. So taking the plunge on the upgrade with very little incentive is a tough pill to swallow. The current condition of vB5 doesn't bother me that much. I appreciate being able to see the demo and getting an idea of what they're trying to do. I'd like to try it out on a test site. But paying that much for vB5 in its current state with only limited ticket support and a promise it will get better is a not so easy decision to make.
    Last edited by dougdirac; Sat 15th Sep '12, 8:35am.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by zero477 View Post
      The screen shots of vB5 make me think that the difference with vb4 is not very substancial. And the upgrade price seems ridiculous. I bought vb4 a month ago, I feel so stupid.
      If it helps, at least you can stack those discounts. So if you just bought 4 recently, you'll get 25+40+35 ($100) off.

      Comment


      • I upgraded to 4.x 2 months ago, but the $35 still does not show in the shopping cart. Contacted sales/support yesterday. Told me to follow Lawrence's post (which I did several times)... still does not show up. Waiting for another reply.
        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

        Comment


        • Originally posted by zascok View Post
          Simple

          1. They need money
          2. Who cares that ist an unknown, messy, raw, surrogate, look at the birth side-you can change the logo easily

          Is it just me or does that version of VB5 seem to be a little speedy compared to the beta. Almost looks like the video was speeded up.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
            Is it just me or does that version of VB5 seem to be a little speedy compared to the beta. Almost looks like the video was speeded up.
            It's on the localhost pre-cashed

            Comment


            • Originally posted by zascok View Post
              ... pre-cashed
              I lol'd.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dougdirac View Post
                See, this is makes perfect sense. You run multiple boards, so it's easily worth it for you to buy a single vB5 license in order to test it out and evaluate potentially buying it in the future for all your sites. The is the "planning for the future" kind of stuff I've mentioned in other posts. Worst case scenario, you lost $184 bucks, which is probably less than a day's ad revenue for you (though, if I were you I would have just bought a new license for $225 so worst case scenario you have another vB4 license you can use for another site).

                For me, though, I just run the one site. I have no use for an additional vB4 license. So taking the plunge on the upgrade with very little incentive is a tough pill to swallow. The current condition of vB5 doesn't bother me that much. I appreciate being able to see the demo and getting an idea of what they're trying to do. I'd like to try it out on a test site. But paying that much for vB5 in its current state with only limited ticket support and a promise it will get better is a not so easy decision to make.
                +1

                If vb believes in there vb5 product.
                Why not a free beta for all the vb4 suite users who are on it from beginning?

                Its feel right now if i buy vb5 i must worked again on a good working site.
                So i'm totaly looked to the coders if the are updating there mods/plugings to vb5.

                Its feel like working from the scratch to a working site in vb5.
                Just like in the beginning year of vb4 after vb3.
                VB The Next Social Media plugin!
                I don't buy VB5!

                Comment


                • I really can't believe vBulletin are repeating what they did 2 years ago again and think we will buy it. So unless we buy the unfinished beta version of vBulletin 5 before the end of the month we have to pay full price when it goes gold, great way to treat your loyal customers :/ This discount should be offered when gold is available not beta, this is the same money grabbing technique they used last time, unfortunately this time round people are not interested in being burnt twice.

                  It was not until over a year after vBulletin 4 gold was released that the stylevars was completed.. well to the stage you could work with it without adding a whole bunch of additional CSS, I really hope they don't release vBulletin 5 with a incomplete style system.
                  Bluepearl Skins - vBulletin 4 & 5 Skins

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Griffin80 View Post
                    I really can't believe vBulletin are repeating what they did 2 years ago again and think we will buy it. So unless we buy the unfinished beta version of vBulletin 5 before the end of the month we have to pay full price when it goes gold, great way to treat your loyal customers :/ This discount should be offered when gold is available not beta, this is the same money grabbing technique they used last time, unfortunately this time round people are not interested in being burnt twice.

                    It was not until over a year after vBulletin 4 gold was released that the stylevars was completed.. well to the stage you could work with it without adding a whole bunch of additional CSS, I really hope they don't release vBulletin 5 with a incomplete style system.
                    Could not have been said more perfectly. A complete lack of confidence in the product and the ability to deliver value to the customer. At least with VB 4 they offered a "discount" that was $155 off what they thought they could charge for the Suite. Now it's $35 for a lousy late alpha/early beta version which will still get a few customers to buy.
                    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

                    Comment


                    • vB6 is going to be awesome! Hang in there, vB5.1 will be maintained for at least some time yet, no worries.

                      Comment


                      • mmm its getting stil beter with vb: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...ticket-support
                        VB The Next Social Media plugin!
                        I don't buy VB5!

                        Comment


                        • They won't even use it on their vb.com forum. Must less use vb4 on any of their company owned forums. No faith in their product is evident. Really sick of their tactics.

                          Hurry, less than couple weeks left to get the BIG discount on the "beta".
                          Last edited by chris15440; Sun 16th Sep '12, 4:45am.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by chris15440 View Post
                            They won't even use it on their vb.com forum. Must less use vb4 on any of their company owned forums. No faith in their product is evident. Really sick of their tactics.

                            Hurry, less than couple weeks left to get the BIG discount on the "beta".
                            This is a ridiculous statement since it is beta and therefore not recommended to be used in a production environment. To use it on vbulletin.com would be to go against their own recommendation to everyone else. Its also been specifically stated only to be used on new sites, not existing sites that need upgrading.
                            Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

                            Comment


                            • Hurry, less than couple weeks left to get the BIG discount on the "beta".
                              Originally posted by soniceffect View Post
                              This is a ridiculous statement since it is beta and therefore not recommended to be used in a production environment. To use it on vbulletin.com would be to go against their own recommendation to everyone else. Its also been specifically stated only to be used on new sites, not existing sites that need upgrading.
                              we are in agreement.
                              The discount that ends at the end of this month mean that the version "5.0.1" will be available October 1, 2012?
                              my forum Support bug reports please

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by soniceffect View Post
                                This is a ridiculous statement since it is beta and therefore not recommended to be used in a production environment. To use it on vbulletin.com would be to go against their own recommendation to everyone else. Its also been specifically stated only to be used on new sites, not existing sites that need upgrading.
                                But it's ok to try to sell it and pressure existing users with a "huge" discount to upgrade or purchase an unknown software for future use? Earth to sonic.... Show me your receipt.

                                While you're at it, give me good reason why they haven't upgraded their company owned forum sites to vb4?

                                Sorry to be so obtuse, but as I posted earlier, I'm appalled right now at their decisions lately.
                                Last edited by chris15440; Sun 16th Sep '12, 7:07am.

                                Comment

                                Related Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X