X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apokalupsis
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderclap View Post
    I was reading through this thread and all I could think as, "Okay... so what am I spending $200+ on?"
    That's actually an interesting perspective. It seems to be, that we would be spending money to REMOVE the most important features and functions of vb. Just doesn't make sense...there are not sufficient features in return to offer value. Unless there are some drastic changes in the near future, vb5 may have just been exactly what IPB and XF were waiting for as each may see increased sales as a result of vb5's mere existence.

vb5 needs some major overhauling it would seem. I've not seen any positive feedback about it other than "I like this very small feature X" (such as the comments system). But no one pays $200 to replace their community with a mere comments system...which is more of a hack/mod that one would expect to find at vb.org.

Leave a comment:

• Jafo
    replied
    I dunno, I still have to say, I see absolutely no reason to even want to convert to this beta or anything close to it. It is just so little compared to what we are used to.

Leave a comment:

• Sador
    replied
    Originally posted by craigvm View Post
    personally i think vb4 is good overall happy with it but i may of moved to it at the right time judging by some comments on how it was as i`ve only used it on 4.2,just hope for vbulletin`s sake they do a hell of alot of work to sort vb5 out cuz as it is i`d sooner go back to free software than use vb5

they should release a finished product first why should people pay $249 to be testers
    The vB4.2 forums are generally considered as "decent", while blogs and CMS are still considered poor. But there has been some 2 years of history before that, where a lot of stuff has happened, including a rather harsh pre-sale. vB4.0 gold and a lot after that were a very poor experience for many users. As such, a higher discount for people who stayed with it would have been a sign of good will - and I feel they missed that opportunity by a mile.

Leave a comment:

• craigvm
    replied
    Originally posted by Sador View Post
    Yes, and it was regretted by a lot of people that they spent that money, and it caused a lot of negative emotions regarding both vBulletin and IB. Looking at the pricing, the price difference between a new license and upgrading an existing one, and what vB4 turned out to be - one could hope that it's a joke. Because personally, when I looked at the advertised prices, I felt rather undervalued as a loyal customer.
    personally i think vb4 is good overall happy with it but i may of moved to it at the right time judging by some comments on how it was as i`ve only used it on 4.2,just hope for vbulletin`s sake they do a hell of alot of work to sort vb5 out cuz as it is i`d sooner go back to free software than use vb5

Originally posted by SneakyDave View Post
    They can't fix the bugs if you guys aren't buying the product, now get out your credit cards!
    they should release a finished product first why should people pay $249 to be testers

Leave a comment:

• acwatts
    replied
    I don't think the mobile apps will get updated now after seeing how much work is needs to be done on vb5.

Leave a comment:

• thunderclap
    replied
    I was reading through this thread and all I could think as, "Okay... so what am I spending $200+ on?"

Leave a comment:

• Jan Klerks
    replied
    Haha, this is even worse then I expected. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• zascok
    replied
    Originally posted by SneakyDave View Post
    They can't fix the bugs if you guys aren't buying the product, now get out your credit cards!
    No thank you. I'll wait a year or so while others will work as unpaid beta-testers . I have had enough testin the 4.x

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• Sador
    replied
    Originally posted by Aakif Nazir View Post
    How is money for vB5 a joke? I mean, it's not funny at all and vBulletin 4 cost money too..
    Yes, and it was regretted by a lot of people that they spent that money, and it caused a lot of negative emotions regarding both vBulletin and IB. Looking at the pricing, the price difference between a new license and upgrading an existing one, and what vB4 turned out to be - one could hope that it's a joke. Because personally, when I looked at the advertised prices, I felt rather undervalued as a loyal customer.

Leave a comment:

• craigvm
    replied
    Like Zachery said, it's a beta product. Ideally not to be used on live sites just yet. Think of it like you are buying vBulletin 4 with a complimentary upgrade to vBulletin 5 Connect when you are ready.
    yes but paying more for it lol really vb5 should`nt of been put on sale untill its ready

Leave a comment:

• Aakif N.
    replied
    i understand that m8 but its on sale now so should be alot better,its not making vbulletin look like the best software to use at all
    Like Zachery said, it's a beta product. Ideally not to be used on live sites just yet. Think of it like you are buying vBulletin 4 with a complimentary upgrade to vBulletin 5 Connect when you are ready.

Leave a comment:

• craigvm
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Thanks you for your honest feedback, but please understand it is a beta product at this time.
    i understand that m8 but its on sale now so should be alot better,its not making vbulletin look like the best software to use at all

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    its a joke that they expect people to pay for a product that bad and yes vb4 costs money too but vb4 blows vb5 away looking at that demo,
    Thanks you for your honest feedback, but please understand it is a beta product at this time.

Leave a comment:

• craigvm
    replied
    How is money for vB5 a joke? I mean, it's not funny at all and vBulletin 4 cost money too..
    its a joke that they expect people to pay for a product that bad and yes vb4 costs money too but vb4 blows vb5 away looking at that demo,

Leave a comment: