Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am really not trying to be negative..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • There's no need for any explanation if you buy vBulletin 5. Good luck.
    .......

    Comment


    • Quite right: 'Nuf said, Ramsesx.

      Tried to be constructive - leaving you to it..
      http://gblcg.com - The Business of Your Future - Strategy Redefined.

      Comment


      • LOL! Now IB has two options, either to convert their vbulletin.com forum to xF and just be a webmasters forum and not a software provider anymore, or to buy xenForo Limited, but the second option is risky since they'll destroy xenForo if they played with it
        BTW, they can also make some money by designing xenForo plugins instead of releasing such rubbish software.

        Comment


        • What I don't understand, is VB5 has been planned/developed for how long now? 2 years?

          Xenforo was "presumably" started and released a year and a bit later.

          Given the size of the VB team, is this ALL they could've done in that time? Xenforo did their entire software in a year, perhaps year and a half, with 2? people.

          VB5 is like Facebook 0.1, or heck, Xenforo 0.1 after 1 weeks worth of work.

          Comment


          • If i had to give any kinda contructive feedback VB, It would be hold off a little awhile longer, I understand it is in beta still, but in it's current state it still requires a handful of work.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Deimos View Post
              Given the size of the VB team, is this ALL they could've done in that time? Xenforo did their entire software in a year, perhaps year and a half, with 2? people.

              VB5 is like Facebook 0.1, or heck, Xenforo 0.1 after 1 weeks worth of work.
              Now you know why they claim (believe) that it was impossible to code XF in such a relatively short time.

              Back on topic, add me to the list of those who are surprised how little has been achieved since the vB 5 project was started.

              Comment


              • Was it really two years? Had the feeling they started 6 months ago.
                .......

                Comment


                • I think VB team is going big mistake. Really, I'm planning rollback VB4 to phpBB2/3. Never more any VB software.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by elektroda View Post
                    I think VB team is going big mistake. Really, I'm planning rollback VB4 to phpBB2/3. Never more any VB software.
                    What do you expect from a rollback to phpBB? Doesn't it make more sense to keep vB4 for at least 1 or 2 years and after make a new decision?
                    .......

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
                      Was it really two years? Had the feeling they started 6 months ago.
                      I remember Adrian saying it was being planned (perhaps developed) sometime ago, that must've been at least a year ago now.

                      Ok had to do a bit of digging, Lawrence said good work was being done on Vbulletin 5 back in October of last year - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post2220873

                      Adrian commented on the 25th of April 2011, that it was being worked on - It is being working on. A lot of the former, with a little of the latter (mostly architecture type stuff)

                      https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post2149557

                      So a year and a half, at least, possibly 2.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                        Version number has nothing to do with the life of the software or whether it is done or not.
                        The version list in vb3 was better than now.

                        So this month vb5.0.1 til vb5.1.0 and 1 october vb6?

                        For me it is after vb4 the end of something to buy from vb.
                        Its not funny any more to create a site with vb.

                        I'm nothing say about the coders who are doing good jobs with creating mods and plugins to make vb for us better.
                        Monday a update, tuesday a coder with a version update. And saturday a update from vb again.
                        Some coders are sometime screaming that the must fixt there plugings and mods again.
                        Coders are better listeners then vb.
                        Maybe the must puth the hands together and make a brand new forum software.

                        Its better to make a facebook page than take vb.
                        I'm very intresting wat facebook pays vb for al that sjit to put on vb.
                        Last edited by iyama; Sat 15th Sep '12, 4:57am.
                        VB The Next Social Media plugin!
                        I don't buy VB5!

                        Comment


                        • If this is such an "early" beta release, why are we only being given until the end of the month to get the discount, before really even knowing what the "real" final version will be like? Why is it being pushed so heavily on the vb homepage? Why the big email blitz?

                          So much missing. Where is the goto last post? Where is the link to goto the 2nd, or 3rd, etc page link on the thread list page and on and on... Why does it take forever to load a page? Why on earth would anyone buy this half baked bloated pig?

                          That said, I honestly believe that this product was considered very near final release when it became available for sale. It will take months, if ever, before it would become a viable upgrade for my 6 million+ board. I still regret upgrading from v3 to 4 btw...
                          Last edited by chris15440; Sat 15th Sep '12, 5:41am.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by chris15440 View Post
                            If this is such an "early" beta release, why are we only being given until the end of the month to get the discount, before really even knowing what the "real" final version will be like? Why is it being pushed so heavily on the vb homepage? Why the big email blitz?

                            So much missing. Where is the goto last post? Where is the link to goto the 2nd, or 3rd, etc page link on the thread list page and on and on... Why does it take forever to load a page? Why on earth would anyone buy this half baked bloated pig?

                            That said, I honestly believe that this product was considered very near final release when it became available for sale. It will take months, if ever, before it would become a viable upgrade for my 6 million+ board. I still regret upgrading from v3 to 4 btw...
                            Simple

                            1. They need money
                            2. Who cares that ist an unknown, messy, raw, surrogate, look at the birth side-you can change the logo easily

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by zascok View Post
                              Simple

                              1. They need money
                              2. Who cares that ist an unknown, messy, raw, surrogate, look at the birth side-you can change the logo easily

                              Its quite worrying that they have already slapped a load of (completely out of sync) videos on YouTube for vB5. It's being treated like its already out and ready to use. This thing has MONTHS more work to be done before its anywhere near ready.

                              It's clear that the vB team are being pressured by IB to release before the end of the year. In a way I really hope it bites them in the ass...maybe that way they will actually think a little more about the product than ripping people off.

                              Comment


                              • Ya know what. For all the problems people keep mentioning, and yeah there are problems, I am supprised that the design is one of them. IMO I think the design of it is a 1000 times better than vb4.

                                I for one also feel its insulting when people turn round and say things like "What have the devs been doing all this time?". These guys are absolutly working their arses off to get you a decent product. The backend has been massivly recoded, and yeah you may feel the front end needs a lot of work but its a beta. These guys work for a company, and work extremely hard, long hours. Probably more than many of you on this site. Dig at the company if you will, thats your perogative, but I feel its unfair to keep digging at the devs. For all you know they may well be as annoyed as yourselves. Many of these people also run communities themselves, and also want the product to be top quality.

                                Personally, I massivly appreciate the effort that the developers put in.
                                Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

                                Comment

                                Related Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X