X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sadiq6210
    replied
    Originally posted by sadikb View Post
    Seem to be rushing it. I wouldn't call that a Beta. Looks like a very eary alpha to pre-alpha test build
    Me also, I surprised when I read this line (Powered by vBulletin™ Version 5.0.0 Beta 10)

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    Originally posted by AzhriaLilu View Post
    I don't think I'm breaking the NDA by stating that the Alpha testers reported everything​ they could find.
    And stated what they thought. I don't think that will break the NDA either.

Leave a comment:

• TheMac
    replied
    I want to see it very soon the final version!

Leave a comment:

• joeychgo
    replied
    It is beta though Mert, dont forget that. Remember how bad the initial vb3 beta was?

Leave a comment:

• Lizard King
    replied
    We waited long for vBulletin 5 Connect and hoped that it will meet our expectations. From the first look , i am honestly considering purchasing a full IPB license and continue to focus on IPB more.

I just hoped this beta would offer much more

Leave a comment:

• AzhriaLilu
    replied
    I don't think I'm breaking the NDA by stating that the Alpha testers reported everything​ they could find.

Leave a comment:

• rudedog1968
    replied
    While the site is slow, not very intuitive and seems to still need a lot of work at least they are showing it off and letting people try it.

Couple of questions:

- how the hell do you view the forum posts (not in that mess called a stream) - just found it, I hope you can make that the default as the stream looks terrible and hard to read
    - is this demo linked from the main page?
    - Can't post an inline image (took me a second time to actually get the image to be added to my image album)
    - Can't view source code in the editor
    - Did the "Alpha" testers report the speed issues?

It's painfully slow that I think I'll wait for an updated version to test some more.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Yeah, it's my personal site.

I'm sure this doesn't help the speed of things:

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/120912_6C_5EG/

Leave a comment:

• sadikb
    replied
    Originally posted by AzhriaLilu View Post
    Pretty sure Shamil's isn't a demo site, it's his own personal one.
    Oh is it? Apologies then.

Leave a comment:

• AzhriaLilu
    replied
    Pretty sure Shamil's isn't a demo site, it's his own personal one.

Leave a comment:

• sadikb
    replied
    Mods, please combine the two vb5 demo (one posted by Shamil) and this one.

Ok, I just spent about 5 mins on the vb5demo and noticed some things which forced me to close the tab. Here they are:

1. I hope there is an ability to auto-parse links instead of having to enter links separately? Why the hell would anyone want a separate functionality to enter links when the existing auto-parse works just fine? How is one supposed to enter inline links? (when links are within message being typed)

2. On Page SEO

Why the hell are you not using H1 tags on thread titles? Which genius coded the template with a thread page (the place where most content is) without a h1 tag? Hear it directly from Google

The HTML output is very very bloated. I would have thought you folks would learn something about html output from the likes of Wikipedia or even Xenforo. Modern web designers want to keep header and navbar below content in html output. Content wrappers and content should come above header and navbar in html output. That is how Wikipedia does it, that is how Xenforo does it.

I will perhaps take a look again a month later and see.
    Last edited by sadikb; Wed 12 Sep '12, 1:38am.

Leave a comment:

• hornstar6969
    replied
    The vb5 demo just keeps crashing my iphone. This is terrible. How the hell did vb5 get so slow.

Leave a comment:

• SighK
    replied
    Terribly slow, terrible.

Leave a comment:

• sadikb
    replied
    Seem to be rushing it. I wouldn't call that a Beta. Looks like a very eary alpha to pre-alpha test build

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    Beta version numbers will likely rise fast, atm they're doing one dev snapshot per day.

Leave a comment: