Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a choice on a platform includes one's faith in the team supporting the software. When vb4 first came out, I was in the "what is coming next" mode for a few months before coming to the realization that something was very wrong.

Even if vb5 was mindblowing, there's no one that I can connect to regarding it's roadmap and features. Practically every other major forum software does this to some degree. We get that now with vb3, but at least understand how it operates.
    Shawn

Comment

Yes, if vBulletin support rewrite like vbSEO
      forum freedom

Comment

Considering i bought vb4 but still have not used it, i should not have to buy vb5.
        Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

I bought a brand new TV a couple of years ago, but I havent used it yet, so I think should get the new model free.

In the meantime, Ive spent the last two years moaning and whinging on the TV forums about how evil the firm that made it is, and how crap the TV (I havent used) is.

Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
            I bought a brand new TV a couple of years ago, but I havent used it yet, so I think should get the new model free.

In the meantime, Ive spent the last two years moaning and whinging on the TV forums about how evil the firm that made it is, and how crap the TV (I havent used) is.

The fun part in TV's is that if its not working you can go back to the store and get it fixed in a reasonable amount (max 4 weeks) of time or you can swap it for another brand. Yet with software it takes ages to fix (vBulletin's case 2 years and still not 100%) and in the end i can't bring it back and swap it for anther brand.

Comment

Paul,

I never purchased a TV that promised to do X, Y or Z and didn't deliver.

Lemon laws should apply to software.

- John
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Essentially, it sounds like the vast majority of us are out of good will and that we deem the risk of adopting vBulletin 5 unmanageable.
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

IB/vB always had at its disposable a sure fire way to get rid of all the "whiners" early on.... It's call a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatChaMissin View Post
                    IB/vB always had at its disposable a sure fire way to get rid of all the "whiners" early on.... It's call a refund.
                    Well if they would do that you will see posts on other forums that they got a refund and that they switched, but its something that can bite in their ass when to many leave. If you don't let people leave it will always be potential customer that you can talk into and get to buy again etc etc, if they leave you will lose that option.

Comment

Unlucky you. I didnt know IB sold TVs lol.
                      Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

Originally posted by we_are_borg View Post
                        Well if they would do that you will see posts on other forums that they got a refund and that they switched, but its something that can bite in their ass when to many leave. If you don't let people leave it will always be potential customer that you can talk into and get to buy again etc etc, if they leave you will lose that option.
                        I don't know many of us were happy with 3.8 but decide to jump on the deal because of the suite. Never had use for it at the time but was looking to expand website. I've play with it but it isn't what I was hoping for. Refund and I would have stayed. But then again I'm still using 4.1 hoping for day light after 4.1.11

Comment

Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
                          I don't know many of us were happy with 3.8 but decide to jump on the deal because of the suite. Never had use for it at the time but was looking to expand website. I've play with it but it isn't what I was hoping for. Refund and I would have stayed. But then again I'm still using 4.1 hoping for day light after 4.1.11
                          I bought CMS, tried, I hated it, couldn't get it to work.
                          Steve answered ticket and refunded the money. (Hi Steve, will miss ya!)

Also they forgot to downgrade my account for some reason, so I submitted another ticket to tell them to down grade it

CMS might work for certain people, just for me it just wasn't working. I wasn't really expecting to get a refund....but I did.

Never hurts asking boys and girls.
                          Except this episode:

Lets hope vB5 knocks our socks off.
                          The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com

Comment

I had no option but to get the suite as they made people who already owned the blogs have to buy the suite to get access to it with vb4. I wont be using the cms ever as i am using a custom gaming cms integrated in with vb. So i felt ripped having to pay more and also not getting any kind of discount for already having bought the blogs.

I then felt pressured having to buy during the presale and without having seen the software in full. Afterwards making me feel really ripped off as buying software that i would not be able to upgrade to. I still hope ill be able to upgrade one day, but things are not yet right for my circustances with the way things are.

Comment

Originally posted by IcEWoLF View Post
                              I bought CMS, tried, I hated it, couldn't get it to work.
                              Steve answered ticket and refunded the money. (Hi Steve, will miss ya!)

Also they forgot to downgrade my account for some reason, so I submitted another ticket to tell them to down grade it

CMS might work for certain people, just for me it just wasn't working. I wasn't really expecting to get a refund....but I did.

Never hurts asking boys and girls.
                              Except this episode:
                              ......I wasn't worried about refund at that time because I wasn't worried about using the CMS or Blog at the time. I figured by the time I was ready to use it they might have it fixed. Guess what I'm ready.

Lets hope vB5 knocks our socks off.

Comment

Did the TV have over 5000 issues with it when you bought it? You should have returned it to the store and get your money back. The law states that you would have been entitled to it, if you are not satisfied with the TV's defects. Im sure there are other stores who sell TVs without bugs. Even stores that are not under litigation by the store you bought your TV from.

But I guess you should be very happy that there are only 900 bugs left after 2 years. Maybe its fun to use a TV with 900 bugs, after you are used to having 5000 bugs?

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...equestId=10894

Man, you are making it too easy...

Now when will we get that 3D display, Kinnect and apps on our TVs? :P Your TV is still in black and white.
                                I buy 420 forums

Comment