Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are search results focused on channel title and not thread/content title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
    Even in activity stream (Latest Activity) view, it doesn't make sense to highlight the forum title instead of the topic title.
    Aside from un-highlighting the forum title in activity stream, I even suggest to make it gray to give more focus to the post title and content. A lot of blue links make your eyes busier.

See screenshots below:

Gray Forum title:

Blue Forum title:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Even in activity stream (Latest Activity) view, it doesn't make sense to highlight the forum title instead of the topic title.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Funny thing is, I only really consciously realised I was always doing it after reading this...I just sort of kept correcting myself and not giving it any thought.

I have to say I have sometimes done this in vB3 and vB4 search results when displayed as posts. More specifically, clicked on the thread title rather than the post title, if that makes sense, leaving me at the top of the thread instead of looking at the actual post. Accordingly I made some changes to the layout for my own vB4 site. I think, however, that that is just an example of me being a clumsy oaf.

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    I'm always clicking the wrong one.
    Same here. Vote added.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    I agree with that, I'm always clicking the wrong one.

Added my vote in the tracker.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-11109

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I suggest using topic view for your searches. It would be more to your liking. You can choose it on the advanced search page.

Leave a comment:

• Why are search results focused on channel title and not thread/content title?

When making a search, the first thing I should want to click is a thread title.

Right now you guys place all the focus on forum titles. Whether i'm doing a forum specific search or global search, I think we can all agree the main priority is thread/content title, not the category/channel. ESPECIALLY if i'm already searching within a specific category, now you have 20 results where the main focus is all a link to the same channel title.

This issue isn't specific to me or any of my client's websites since I can change it myself, but figured i'd point it out.
    Attached Files