Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible in vb5 to have original url of vb3 - vb4 (with query string, like for exemple ?threadid=xxx) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible in vb5 to have original url of vb3 - vb4 (with query string, like for exemple ?threadid=xxx) ?

hello,

is it possible in vb5 to have url like in vb4 (with query string, like for exemple ?threadid=xxx) ?
    we don't want because we update vb to vb5 to remake all our seo work !

thanks

Hi

No this is not possible.

However the old URLs should redirect, like they do on this site.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

but it's not possible for ever ever or it's a feature you will add soon (urgently i mean) to vb5 ?

because sorry it's very important feature ! with this we can build our own URL structure via some url parser

actually just look the url of this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...xx#post3976786

it's an horror, so long ! it's a STOP for seo ! like a spamy keywork url !
      URL is something that must never (NEVER) change ! did i will need to change the thousands link back we have on the web pointing to our forum because we update to vb5 ??? crazy !

please add back this compatibility with old url scheme, else it's not possible to update our forum !

Comment

Old style URLs aren't coming back to vB5, sorry.

Comment

unbelievable ! i take a payed forum software to be sure to never have story like this (instead of phpbb for exemple) and now i m stuck with my forum that i can not update anymore without loosing several years of seo work !

Comment

As mentioned, the old URLs will redirect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
              As mentioned, the old URLs will redirect.
              and what ? your think that because it's redirect the thousands links back we have on the web will all replace their link by the new ?
              redirect not pass fully the page rank also, we will be with PR 0 page suddenly if we update to the new VB5

it's really an huge mistake to remove the compatibility with the old url scheme !

Comment

You're better off moving to another companies forum script.

vB does not have a clue when it comes to SEO, forum layout, usability, releasing a working product, knowing their customers, being transparent, communicating with their customers and keeping them updated with timelines and features.
                Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

at least they let you speaking like this in THEIR forums but i agree they must find a strong good manager !

Comment

bye the way http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-4528 it's seam that this feature will be added in 5.0.6 ? it's a must have feature !

Comment

the 301 redirects will preserve your ranks in google. URL changes will have a temporary decrease, but in the long run shouldn't badly affect your rankings.

Comment

i not agree at all !

Comment

From what I understand, its true.

Comment

http://searchengineland.com/cutts-re...akeaways-38064

but anyone can say what they want ... but the fact is that their is not prouve ! so in this case better to avoid to change the site structure !

Comment

Originally posted by arkadia2006 View Post
                              bye the way http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-4528 it's seam that this feature will be added in 5.0.6 ? it's a must have feature !
                              Just to be clear that means the earliest it would possibly come is 5.0.6. As we get closer to 5.0.6 it may get pushed back further.

Comment