Trying to upgrade from 4.2 to 5.* stalling for hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to upgrade from 4.2 to 5.* stalling for hours

The upgrade seems to have stalled. This is a large DB and I know it was processing my tables. Will the upgrade continue if my browser timesout?

Is there a better way to upgrade for large DBs?

Totally stuck ... and my forums are down.

You can refresh the browser and see if the upgrade continues where it left off- it should. Occasionally stalling during an upgrade isn't unheard of.

Your other option is to upgrade via the command line- See the section on that here- http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...etin-5-connect

Comment

big mistake if you do the upgrade right now

Comment

Why would you even consider it? Have you not been reading this website?

Comment

Originally posted by sukagwe View Post
          big mistake if you do the upgrade right now
          Originally posted by DeltaHawk5 View Post
          Why would you even consider it? Have you not been reading this website?
          It don't help anyone you saying that without giving some reasons why.

Comment

Originally posted by tommac View Post
            The upgrade seems to have stalled. This is a large DB and I know it was processing my tables. Will the upgrade continue if my browser timesout?

Is there a better way to upgrade for large DBs?

Totally stuck ... and my forums are down.
            How large is your forum? The best way to upgrade a large forum would be to do it through ssh imho.

P.s. Personally I would strongly advice you to not upgrade to vb 5 yet. Take a moment first and do a little search in this forum to read other users experiences/feeddback/opinions regarding vb 5. Also it would be best to make a thorough backup of the db prior to the upgrade.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X