Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeF
    commented on 's reply
    For so long as these forums are filled with discussion and malcontent, vBulletin lives. If there was more of a particular issue that was bothering everyone that could be discussed, or a number of issues, even if they are not placed in JIRA (I know this is sacrilege), a real discussion could take place.

• MikeF
    commented on 's reply
    Really now, you are using it to write this, so how broken is it? It's a rough release. It will be patched. And you have a license for this software, even if you buy that license, instead of pay for it on the regular... even if you are awarded a license. A license is still a license. And it has terms. Sorry that this is the reality of the world, but it most certainly is. We can all go burn our Beatles records or we can provide feedback. You decide.

• Fever905
    commented on 's reply
    The attitude thing I agree with sadly..

• Fever905
    commented on 's reply
    Sadly you are correct, I found many many more. I have downgraded to 4.2.x and I'm now trying to get the Facebook plugin so I can run the forum on my Facebook page for our shop here but they are telling me I have to purchase it. I've tried explaining that I already purchased it for 5.x when I purchaed that 60 days ago, and I am unable to use 5.x because of the bugs. They're telling me to wait for 5.0.1 or 5.1 ... and that they cannot provide a free upgrade of the facebook plugin (which is a soft cost to them, its developed and it works already, there is no cost to them giving me this otherwise) ... unhappy.

• DemOnstar
    commented on 's reply
    Optimists and dreamers my friend.

• Visualbrother
    replied
    So what you are really saying is, vBulletin owners are true optimists! Very true in my case btw

Leave a comment:

• Pope Viper
    commented on 's reply
    That sucks. Truly.

I'm very glad that I learned form my VB4 pre-sale experience.

I'm also glad that i purchased XF the day it went on sale. Never regretted that move.

• Pope Viper
    replied
    Originally posted by Fever905 View Post
    Installed VB4 today. VERY fast and responsive. Absolutely no setup issues. Extremely happy, now I just need the facebook integration plugin and I'm happy! The forum even goes full-width of the page which makes more sense.

It only took two years+ from release to get it to that point, including the crippled CMS, and the list of features that mysteriously became moot.

Leave a comment:

• DemOnstar
    commented on 's reply
    See the following.

• DemOnstar
    replied
    Optimism is a state of mind, I too share your optimism. I too am hopeful. These things take time, lots of time but you bet your bottom dollar by the end of the day, everything will be beyond your expectations.

Optimism never worked for me so I thought, ____ it, try again.

Leave a comment:

• Visualbrother
    replied
    Guess I should have read this before throwing $500+ at the full experience yesterday, 4.0 became useful within a year or two so I'm optimistic…?!

Leave a comment:

• consigliere
    commented on 's reply
    Sales has some justification not to refund you -- you agree to a number of things when you buy the software, and that includes an AS-IS provision. Just like when you purchase Windows Server, you can't just send it back.
    What... so the fact we have a version of the software that doesnt work, and is all but useless is a basis for denying a refund?

Its no different to buying a broken kettle. It doesnt work.... you return it for a refund. Sure we still have the broken software but seriously... what are we going to do with it? This is the basis of my issue.....vBulletin have sold a product that doesnt work, have no direction or target dates for when it WILL work, but wont own up to it nor refund the purchasers money leaving us in limbo.

And they wonder why customers are bailing out..... after uploading xenForo to my site I'm amazed that I stuck around for vB4 to be honest. Its lightning.

• dizzynation
    replied
    Originally posted by emptyconnection View Post
    I understand a lot of people think they are getting a stick instead of a carrot but your wrong. Your stuck with technology freeze. You fail to understand that the platform hatching now is what we want. I follow what your doing. I've watched this whole thing since 2. This is what I want and worth every penny. I'm content to wait for code development and maturity. Keep going.

You seem to be missing the point. A GOLD version has been released! Do you know what that means? Do you have a populated site? Do you have 200 to 500 members on at one time? Do you have a site that gets its new members from Google search? You fail to understand my friend, you fail....

Leave a comment:

• emptyconnection
    replied
    I understand a lot of people think they are getting a stick instead of a carrot but your wrong.

Your stuck with technology freeze. You fail to understand that the platform hatching now is what we want.

I follow what your doing. I've watched this whole thing since 2. This is what I want and worth every penny.

I'm content to wait for code development and maturity. Keep going.

Leave a comment:

• Fever905
    replied
    Installed VB4 today. VERY fast and responsive. Absolutely no setup issues. Extremely happy, now I just need the facebook integration plugin and I'm happy! The forum even goes full-width of the page which makes more sense.

Leave a comment: