X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DemOnstar
    commented on 's reply
    Oh look, it is back at the top again. How the hell would anybody expect that from a closed thread? Beats me.

• DemOnstar
    replied
    I hope that the results of the thread have been taken seriously. I would close it now if I had the option.

Thanks all..........................................................

Leave a comment:

• DemOnstar
    replied
    I feel the topic of the forum is about to change. Not sure if that is permitted, admins or mods tend to keep the direction as suggested by the forum title, but given that forum title refers to something being 'a total mess', then feel free to maintain the continuity.

Leave a comment:

• djpretzel
    commented on 's reply
    I'd like to see the URL as well. I'm curious... if APC made such a difference, is it enabled here on vbulletin.com? Because this site seems rather slow; furthermore, most links can't be clicked when the gold "Working" box is present, which happens often.

• Neutral Singh
    commented on 's reply
    Even a turtle would be embarrassed!

• Loco.M
    commented on 's reply
    URL?
    I'd love to see vb5 on a large production site

• Loco.M
    commented on 's reply
    ok Wayne, I don't see how any of my post haven't been helpful but I guess it's a matter of opinion really.
    We're all just really frustrated with the "script" that IB is paying the devs to produce.
    We miss the quality products that vbulletin use to be known for.

• DemOnstar
    replied
    The result of the poll does seem rather unanimous at this point. I feel it made some difference but how much difference I am not sure. We shall see.
    I expect and hope the result will be a definite and not just a looking into.

Good job everybody, (us and them)

I am not abandoning, just merely clarifying the fact. We have said things and they have been listened to and agreed with (on most points).
    If I had the option to vote again, my vote would be the same. This is VB 5, maybe VB5.2 or 3 will verify and honour the efforts made by all concerned?

Ultimately now, speed is the issue but that is another time.

Last edited by DemOnstar; Thu 7 Mar '13, 6:35am.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Simon
    commented on 's reply
    It was an upgrade from vB 4, yes. I had forums (and blogs) only - the CMS had been disabled.

• dizzynation
    commented on 's reply
    So what happened to your articles? Or did you not have articles? You are talking about an upgrade from vb 4?

• DemOnstar
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Mr Cole. And please take into account all of the following posts, particularly http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...72#post3948972

There are some things being said that go way over my head.

Thanks for your response. It speaks volumes...
    Last edited by DemOnstar; Wed 6 Mar '13, 5:26am.

• evil-maniac
    commented on 's reply
    I agree that APC should not be a requirement; and although this is an extremely nice suggestion (thank you Dan), I hope it does not give vBulletin incentive to slack seeing as a temporary work around (to the incompetence of their code) is now known. It is sad that APC has to be used to make a brand new installation of vBulletin 5 run as fast as vBulletin 4 (and products on the market by competitors).
    Last edited by evil-maniac; Tue 5 Mar '13, 7:38pm.

• Wayne Luke
    commented on 's reply
    Posts deleted with the "Unhelpful" description are ones against our guidelines. They seem more toned to incite argument than invite discussion. The unhelpful is me trying to be polite.

• Loco.M
    commented on 's reply
    or "are not helpful".. don't forget the staff opinion on what the customers say

• Shamil.
    commented on 's reply
    That is fine, however, what I'm saying is that this shouldn't be the case for a well developed software.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X