Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Links substituted for numbers in a list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links substituted for numbers in a list.

One of our users recently posted a list of safety rules. When people were subsequently commenting on it They referenced them by number Us '#1' through '#9' without the quotes substitutes a forum link, home, forum, etc.

How can this be turned off? I can't for the life of me find it.

It would be the hashtag bbcode. It will link to nodes by their ID number.

There is no way to remove that small piece of functionality at this time. You would have to turn off the hashtag bbcode completely. Settings → Options → BB Code Options. Uncheck Hashtag. Or surround it with noparse tags.

edit:

When I proposed the hashtag functionality, I figured linking to nodes would be very useful shorthand. The system already has a node bbcode and this just builds on that functionality and exposes it now. So if someone want to link to this channel (or more commonly a topic) instead of going:

[url="https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-connect-questions-problems-troubleshooting/vbulletin-5-support-issues-questions"]Support Issues and Questions[/url]

or

[node]111[/node]

They can just type… #111

i.e. Support Issues & Questions
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 11 Apr '22, 10:31am.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

edit:

When I proposed the hashtag functionality, I figured linking to nodes would be very useful shorthand. The system already has a node bbcode and this just builds on that functionality and exposes it now. So if someone want to link to this channel (or more commonly a topic) instead of going:

[url="https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-connect-questions-problems-troubleshooting/vbulletin-5-support-issues-questions"]Support Issues and Questions[/url]

or

[node]111[/node]

They can just type… #111

i.e. Support Issues & Questions
      Can I ask how members find out what the node numbering is to be able to use it?

I’ve looked on here for this section but couldn’t find anywhere that 111 was mentioned.

George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well members would most likely link to topics and not channels. The node is in every single URL.

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-connect-questions-problems-troubleshooting/vbulletin-5-support-issues-questions/4469414-links-substituted-for-numbers-in-a-list?p=4469441#post4469441

The numbers in bold are Node IDs… the first one is the topic starter nodeid. The second one is the specific reply.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs.T View Post

Can I ask how members find out what the node numbering is to be able to use it?

I’ve looked on here for this section but couldn’t find anywhere that 111 was mentioned.
          If you look in theURL for this thread

HTML Code:
          https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-connect-questions-problems-troubleshooting/vbulletin-5-support-issues-questions/4469414-links-substituted-for-numbers-in-a-list#post4469441
          The number 4469414 is the node and will link to this thread if it is entered preceded by an octothorp #

Comment

• Mrs.T
            Mrs.T commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. It was the mention of 111 that confused me, I couldn’t find where that was in the url.

• Wayne Luke
            Wayne Luke commented
            Editing a comment
            That was a bad example. I think that channel node IDs should be in the URL. However, it would require wide scale changes to customer site maps and people are very concerned about their site maps and links coming in…

• Mrs.T
            Mrs.T commented
            Editing a comment
            No problem Wayne, thanks for explaining 🙂

Wayne Luke OK thank you

George Bernard Shaw

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X