Media/photos re-use in a module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media/photos re-use in a module?

Is it possible to display a topic or channel media gallery in a module in a page design?

So, for example, I'd like to display the gallery thumbnails from a topic in a new page layout.

There is no photo module. Don't ask me why. There is an issue open on it - https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-20065. I had an older issue but closed it as a duplicate for this newer one.

Every channel should already have a photos tab. Just need that separated out into a search module by the developers.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

That would be a nice feature.

I think everything related to Photo and Video should have the first priority in a modern forum because people post more and more photos and videos with their cellulars now.

Comment

I agree and it is something that I have been trying to push for. Currently it is scheduled to add Sound and Audio BBCodes with "Insert Inline" technology similar to images. I do hope to get a photo or better yet, a media module as well. However, I am not in control of the development schedule.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I also created a feature-request in 2020.
          The search needs a db-field and a filter for has photo and/ or has video, so the module could search for those nodes only.
          https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-20634

Comment

in 2020 ...

It is possible to place photos and videos related to categories of a forum i.e. in separate pages per forum but they must be placed manually. However it would be more interesting if it was automatically placed as this thread suggests.

Comment

Originally posted by lange View Post
              It is possible to place photos and videos related to categories of a forum i.e. in separate pages per forum but they must be placed manually. However it would be more interesting if it was automatically placed as this thread suggests.
              Maybe something like a "Photo" tab on different channel pages.

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...?tab=media-tab

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Yes, that might be the easiest way to do it.

But imager was talking 'layouts' hence my proposal and you know how to do it, you taught it to me and I use it.

Comment

+

edited
                  Last edited by lange; Sat 5 Mar '22, 4:33am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X