Header white space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header white space

I noticed that there is a lot of white space near the top of my pages on https://www.livecointalk.com/index.php. Especially below the header image. And it's especially important in a mobile browser.

I've checked the image I'm using, and it's cropped pretty closely, so I don't know where this extra white space is coming from.

How do I get rid of this, as in the attached lct_edit_401_header_whitespace.png?
    Attached Files

You can adjust the height of the header element by editing the header_height style variable. I believe the default is 104 pixels.

AdminCP → Styles → Style Manager. Select "Style Variable Editor" from the Choose Action... drop down. Click on "Header" to load the header style variables in the right pane of the editor. When done making changes, you will need to click "Save" at the bottom of the style variable list.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks I set the Header Height to 1px.

After clearing cache and logging out, I didn't notice any difference.

So, inspecting the page, I see that there's padding in site-logo header-edit-box, and I'm not sure what else. What's else can we do?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by LCTlive; Thu 11 Nov '21, 7:04pm. Reason: Added before and after screenshots of the website on desktop

Comment

You can apply custom CSS to the header logo using your css_additional.css template. This would override any default settings. Keep in mind though that too little white space is seen as a detriment to many users as well.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks! I found the CSS in this topic:

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...ox-white-space

And used this code:

Code:
          div.site-logo.header-edit-box {
          padding: 1px 10px 1px 10px !important;
          }

Comment

There is also a stylevar titleimage_padding which may help
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT