Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Sorry. I didn't know you were using groups. Blogs behave the same way.

Leave a comment:

• zkengle
    replied
    So I stumbled across the problem. We use groups extensively, and I eventually discovered that the issue was only happening in groups. There are no controls for this setting in the AdminCP - it has to be changed in each of the group settings on the front end.. "Automatically parse links in text" has to be selected.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	45.4 KB ID:	4459766

Leave a comment:

• zkengle
    replied
    Hmm, ok. I'll look through and see whats been modified. I don't think we've done much other than some "css_additional.css" stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There may be an addon at vBulletin.org that does this for vBulletin 5.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The way it is shown in the first post is how it has always worked. You may have used a third-party modification that changed that behavior previously.

If you are using a newer browser like Microsoft Edge you can get what you want...

Copy/Pasting URL's (using the copy command ctrl/cmd-c and then paste)

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...-pasting-url-s (using the "Copy Link" command on the context menu.)

Text wrapping wouldn't cause this. vBulletin will automatically shorten URLs to fit. See the long URL above.

Leave a comment:

• zkengle
    replied
    ^ See, in this forum, that text (URL) that I pasted, automatically turned into a link. On my forum it does not. Why?

When I was seeing this occur before, I was told that my text wrapping was causing it. Well, first, that URL is super short, So no wrapping. And even so, our "Number of Characters Before Wrapping Text" is set to '0'.

Leave a comment:

• zkengle
    started a topic Copy/Pasting URL's

Copy/Pasting URL's

Am I imagining this 'problem'? I could swear that when I first launched our forum I could copy a URL, paste that text into a post, and the URL would automatically generate a hyperlink. Isn't that how its supposed to work? or am I making that up? Within the past week I've had a couple members ask me about this.

http://www.yorkrvshow.net/