Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sitemap generation error and PHP memory question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitemap generation error and PHP memory question.

Is there a recommended memory setting for PHP with vBulletin?

We moved to a new server on January 2nd and upgraded from 5.5.4 to 5.6.4 and the sitemap had not been generated since. I was getting the following error in my log related to xmlsitemap.php

[27-Jan-2021 16:40:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1310720 bytes) in ~/public_html/core/includes/class_sitemap.php on line 1158

The PHP memory limit was set to 32MB. After I changed the PHP memory limit to 64MB the sitemap generated without error. Our VPS has 8GB RAM allocated to it.

You should increase the PHP memory allotment to 128 megabytes. This is listed as a minimum requirement. Since each PHP script runs for a small fraction of a second and releases its memory, this should not have an impact on overall server performance.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne. I look at that with every release to see if PHP or MySQL requirements have changed and never once noticed the PHP memory requirement. Perhaps all the documentation you've written would work better if some of us actually took the time to read it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X