Task Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Task Manager

After migrating from cloud to stand alone, there is something going on with the Scheduled Task Manager I am not understanding.

It seems that no matter what time I set task for my admin panel stats all reset at about 19:00 my time every evening.

Prior to migration they would reset at midnight my time.

Based on the description for the Daily Statistics Log Task, it is what resets the stats on the admin panel. When I run it manually from the Schedule Task Manger, it does not reset the stats.

Since my server is in my same time zone and I have verified that it actually is set on central time and the stats reset at the same time every evening no matter what schedule time I put in I have ruled out a server time vs my time issue.

Have a missed a setting someplace that is tripping me up?

Time is funny... Time zones are a pain. The software tries to work off of GMT, not your local time zone. If the server isn't set to GMT, then it will try to convert the time to GMT and then convert it to the time that you have specified.

Please create a new file named "time.php" and put these contents in it:

Code:
    <?php
        $currentDateTime = date('Y-m-d H:i:s');
        echo $currentDateTime;
    ?>
    Place this file in your vBulletin root directory with index.php and load it in your browser by going to http://yourdomain.com/vbulletin/directory/time.php. Does the output match your local time?

Are you using the Scheduled Task Manager built into vBulletin or the vbcron.php file to trigger your tasks?

What is the time zone under Settings -> Options -.> Time & Date Options set to? This is the time zone used for guest users that can be triggering the scheduled task.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I ran the current time php code and this is what it showed 2020-11-20 18:20:55

which looks to be GMT as it is 6 hours ahead of me.

but when I check the time while logged in via SSH it showed my local time. Hmm?

I am using the Scheduled Task Manager built into vBulletin.

The time zone set in Date and Time options is GMT -6:00 Central Time

Should I maybe try the vbcron.php and see what happens?

Comment

In my original post I stated that the my admin panel stats were resettiing at 19:00, that was a typo, it was actually 18:00

Sat up and ran vbron.php for a few days once per minute on my cron setup.

Same results no matter what time I set my Daily Statistics Log task to run, my stats on my admin panel continue to reset at 18:00 each day and does not show up in the tasks log.

I have since removed the cron job for vbcron and turned my "Enable Scheduled Tasks" back on in settings.

Since then I have noticed that my user promotions are not working even though it is scheduled for once per hour, it does not show up in the scheduled tasks log.

Although it is irritating that the stats reset at 18:00 no matter how I schedule it, that is one I guess i could live with, however the promotions not working is a problem.

Comment

If you run the Promotions task manually, are any errors shown?

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I get this. Also it does not show up in the Scheduled Tasks Log and no promotions took place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	promotiondone.png
Views:	106
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	4450503
            Attached Files

Comment

Please go to Maintenance -> Diagnostics. Under System Information run the Table Status task. What is the status of the cron and cronlog tables?

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

btcron InnoDB 10 Dynamic 22 744 16384 0 32768 0 70 2020-11-15 10:15:28 2020-11-25 13:50:58 utf8mb4_general_ci
                btcronlog InnoDB 10 Dynamic 307896 49 15220736 0 7880704 4194304 300207 2020-11-15 10:15:28 2020-11-25 13:50:58 utf8mb4_general_ci

Comment

Hello Wayne, I hope your Thanksgiving was good.

Do you see any issues with the cron tables?

Comment

No. Service access would have to be granted to determine what is going on. You would need to open a support ticket to provide that information.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X