User Can't Login after 5.6.4 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Can't Login after 5.6.4 update

Minutes after upgrading to 5.6.4, I was contacted by one of my board members that they couldn't log in. Everyone else (a few hundred) is just fine, but this one user got kicked and can't get back in. When they attempt to log in, they just get the message "logging in" and that's it.

So, I had her send me her login info and I was able to log into her account with no problems, but she can't. I asked her to try to create a new account, and she just gets the response "register" and nothing more.

She is using an older Mac with Chrome 49, and can't go any further. She tried to log in via Firefox as well and got the same response.

I'm at a loss as to what to tell her at this point.

If it's one user then it's local to their device / machine.

Ask them to clear browser cache, and clear cookies for your site's domain(s), then restart the browser.

Also worth them trying from an incognito browser window (CTRL + Shift + N on Chrome).
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I am guessing that she is getting Javascript Errors. We've had to update the Javascript to be compatible to jQuery 3.5.1 and ECMAScript 1.6 for security purposes. These are actually pretty drastic changes that occurred behind the scenes over several releases. The browser she is using is over 4 years old and may not support these changes. Due to significant security breaches over the last few years, a lot has changed on the internet and how the web is supposed to be built. These changes are being enforced by not only governments and regulators but the developers of current web browsers and mobile device manufacturers.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to resolve this except to use a newer browser. That doesn't appear to be an immediate option here.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X