Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gneration image

Hello,

How can I allow the forum to accept new generation images such as webP and jpg2?

each time it gives me this message: Sorry! Only JPG, JPEG, PNG & GIF files are allowed.

You can add them as attachments in the Attachment Type Manager. However, neither will be recognized as images and be allowed in Galleries or viewed as inline attachments. While WebP is supported by all current major browsers (except Safari and IE 11) it hasn't had a high adoption rate in usage. Jpeg2000 (.jp2 or .jpx) is only support by Safari at this time. It is doubtful that it will become a proper standard. For a Safari only image format, HEIF would be more suitable.

There is an open feature request to add webp as an image format here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-11047

Though, it should be pointed out that Google has already proposed a replacement for webp.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I want to add banner in head section with new gen format, using webp, whats your advice Wayne?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhorse View Post
        I want to add banner in head section with new gen format, using webp, whats your advice Wayne?
        Is your banner image really that large that you need to save a few MB of bandwidth? Mine on one site is a 23MB 1200 DPI png and it causes no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhorse View Post
          1. Upload your image via SFTP.
          2. Update the titleimage style variable to point to the image on your disk.
          If not the logo then update the appropriate background style variable or ad/html template to point to the image.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment