Turning FaceBook "Completely" off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning FaceBook "Completely" off

I'm creating a community w/Vbulletin because I do not want to be a part of FaceBook and there incessant information stealing. I have already been to the, "Third Party Options" setting and seen where the settings are to nerf Google and Twitter, but oddly there is no option there to turn FaceBook off? If you go to the FaceBook settings it's only about users loginning in w/their FB accounts or not. This has nothing to do w/keeping FB out of our forums. If I don't want FB in my forum @ all, the why am I seeing this image? (please see attached file).

Also, would anyone be so kind as to help me find the setting that keeps random strangers from being able to look inside our forum? You know....allowing them to view & steal phtos and information. If you're not a registered member the only thing you should see on my forum is a locked door and the option to register. Any help appreciated! Thanx! :]
    Attached Files

Well that wouldn't steal any information from your site. A user has to actively click/tap the button and shares it to their Facebook profile. If Facebook really wanted to get your information, they would use indexing bots just like Google does.

You can turn off the sharing buttons in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Topic Display Options.

If you don't want your forums visited by guest users, then you can go to Channel Management -> Channel Permissions. Click on "Edit" next to Guest Users on the Forums channel and set "Can View Forums" to No. Note that this will also prevent your site from being indexed by search engines and found by people who have legitimate interest in your content.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanx man! U rock! Those were the exact 2 remaining settings I needed (be tweaking for weeks). Thanx again! :P Oh btw, please tell me if this is one of ya'll (who set the forum up on my behalf)? Please don't tell me someone else has already infiltrated my forum and assigned themselves admin rights? Heh. Who is: ibadmin ?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenGauntlet View Post
        Thanx man! U rock! Those were the exact 2 remaining settings I needed (be tweaking for weeks). Thanx again! :P Oh btw, please tell me if this is one of ya'll (who set the forum up on my behalf)? Please don't tell me someone else has already infiltrated my forum and assigned themselves admin rights? Heh. Who is: ibadmin ?
        All cloud sites have an ibadmin account which is used by support in cases where we need to assist you.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.7.2 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Okay, kool! I can continue to breathe now. Thanx! I've looked twice and I get lost in the options. Would anyone be so kind as to give me the click path to allow myself & users to upload 10 or 50 pics in one shot, vs. the default 5 photo page break?

Comment

N/m I found it! :P

Comment