No announcement yet.

some thread links do not have thread-name (urlident) at the end, supported method to fix that?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • some thread links do not have thread-name (urlident) at the end, supported method to fix that?

    After an upgrade from VB422 toVB562 we noticed some threads-links didn't have the thread name append behind their thread-number (or node number ; -). That seems to be the urlident field which is empty for some. I did try most of the Maintenance->Update tools but none seem to fix this. Is there a supported way of fixing it?

    I suppose a sql query/update will fix it as both title and htmltitle for those threads appear to be ok. Urlident looks to be just a lowercase version of that with anything not alphanumeric replaced with minus sign (for nodes which have a forum as parent).

    But if there's some tool to fix them that'd be nice

  • #2
    The only supported method is to edit the starter post in the topic and save it. This should update the title and meta description.

    However, if you're using UTF-8 characters (i.e. Arabic), you will want to turn on Use ASCII Characters in URLs first. You can turn this on under Settings -> Options -> Site URLs and Routing. If you do not, then the UTF-8 characters will be converted to HTML Entities and won't be human readable. Hopefully, Google convinces the world to use allow Proper UTF-8 in URLs in the near future.
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API


    • #3
      Was afraid of that It does work, tested that.

      We'll have to make a list of topics to re-edit (or re-save really) then. Thanks for clearing that up!


      Related Topics