Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Attachment Type manager...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claire SR
    replied
    what do you mean by "you would probably be surprised on how much data you can store."?
    I think I can at least remove old attachments and make some more spaces in my server by allowing users to upload image only via attachment not using the "Can Create Photo" and "Can Create Photo Gallery"

I'm sorry but can I ask two more questions about attachment function?

1. I would like to remove the link of each attached image which leads to open a blank web page with the attached iamge, how can I block this link?
    2. Every time when I delete an attachment through 'Attachment Type Manager', it creates some code in where the attachments was deleted in the original post as following. How can hide these code from the post?
    3. Where are the images stored on the FTP when users upload photo for photo gallery?

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":xxx}

Please advise me.

Thank you
    Last edited by Claire SR; Mon 13 Apr '20, 11:05am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    At this time, there isn't a method to do this. You can restrict the user to attachments using the "Can Create Photo" and "Can Create Photo Gallery" permissions.

However, you would probably be surprised on how much data you can store.

Leave a comment:

• Claire SR
    replied
    Hi Wayne,
    Thanks for the tip. I found if I uploaded an image by clicking the attachment icon. but then, how can I manage all the files uploaded by clicking the 'Share icon' as below?
    I don't have much server space so I would like to manage old image files.

please advise me.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It will search attachments specifically. This does not include the files uploaded for logos, style icons, channel icons, or photo galleries. Attachments are added by clicking the Attachment icon and adding images via the Attachment Panel in the editor.

How many rows do you have in your 'attach' table?

Leave a comment:

• Claire SR
    started a topic Question about Attachment Type manager...

Question about Attachment Type manager...

I would like to prune old attachments after X days. But I don't have any result even after uploading some images and searching with Attachment Type Manager.
    I also tried searching "View Newest Attachments" and "View Oldest Attachments" but it doesn't show anything.

I have more than 40 attachments and the storage type : Attachments are currently being stored in the database but nothing is displayed when searching with any option.

Do I have setup to see the results before searching Attachments?

Please advise me.

Thank you
    Last edited by Claire SR; Sun 5 Apr '20, 1:19pm.