Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private Messages to Usergroups (and also to Groups members)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I'll be honest…

The prospect of non-administrators being able to send private messages to all users is slim. The prospect of misconfiguration and creating an avenue for spam is high here.

Plus, vBulletin 5 doesn't really have the concept of "Publicly Joinable Usergroups" that older versions did. With that, Usergroup Leaders doesn't really have much effect. These have been replaced with the enhanced Social Group functionality.

Adding Mass Private Message to the AdminCP is more feasible. It could be controlled by a permission. So if added, you could add your Chapter Directors as Admins and limit their access with Administrator Permissions.

That said, allowing Social Group members to send messages to members of their groups is a good one and would add new functionality to the feature.

Leave a comment:

• zkengle
    replied
    Our Chapter Directors and Admins have been asking about this more often. I know others have been asking about this for years, which seems odd that its never been considered to be implemented. I searched the tracker but didn't see anything. I've finally posted a request in the tracker.

https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-21130

I've tried the mod from vBulletin.org but it's only accessible to Admins via the ACP, which means our Chapter Directors usergroup would not have access to it. Also, it doesn't filter messages to the selected usergroups as it should. Even if I select only one primary usergroup, it sends to the entire forum.
    Last edited by zkengle; Thu 31 Mar '22, 4:53am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You can post an improvement request in the Bug Tracker.

Leave a comment:

• zkengle
    replied
    Thats what I thought. How would one go about requesting this?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There is currently no way to send a private message to a Usergroup or the members of a Social Group.

Leave a comment:

• Private Messages to Usergroups (and also to Groups members)

On our old software, I could give certain usergroups permissions to send out 'mass private messages' to other usergroups. This allowed our Chapter Directors (usergroup) to reach out to their entire chapter members (group) and send out occasional messages regarding upcoming events. This often triggered people to come back and check in with the forum if they hadn't visited recently.

Currently it doesn't look like this is possible. Am I correct?

It would be nice if the 'Administrator' usergroup could also send a mass private message the the 'Chapter Director' usergroup. I know this can be done in the AdminCP via emails, but it would have greater flexibility and better convenience through messages on the board.

And just to compound my request - Is there any way (or can it be requested) that a Group moderator have the ability to send a private message to all their Group members?

As always, thank you!