Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide module in specific pages

Hello. Is there any way to hide a module for specific pages? Thanks

If the module is on a page you should be able to remove it from the page using Site Builder.

Comment

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
      If the module is on a page you should be able to remove it from the page using Site Builder.
      I got a "sign up" module which persist on all pages for guest. The thing I want it not appearing in register page. So idk how to do it.

Comment

In site builder for that specific module you will see in the edit mode of that mod the ability to show to specific groups for that page. Select that option and you should be presented the option to select what groups you want it visible too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	101.5 KB ID:	4434630
        adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by NumNum View Post
          In site builder for that specific module you will see in the edit mode of that mod the ability to show to specific groups for that page. Select that option and you should be presented the option to select what groups you want it visible too.

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	101.5 KB ID:	4434630
          It's basically a notice, it's not a module (my bad) so I want that notice to not be showed on register page, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Seems like in notices in admincp you can also regulate it by page and usergroups.

im mobile right now.
            adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by NumNum View Post
              Seems like in notices in admincp you can also regulate it by page and usergroups.

im mobile right now.
              Sadly you can't do it by pages.

Comment

I'm trying this one, but doesn't work
                Code:
                body[data-pageid="1"] #widget_3 {
                display: none;
                }
                Any ideas? Also how to find page id?

Comment

To remove a module from a page, you would want to use Site Builder
                  1. In the AdminCP go to Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options.
                  2. Set "Allow Multiple Registrations" to Yes.
                  3. Go to your registration page by adding /register/ to your site URL.
                  4. Does the Module actually show here?
                  5. If so, click "Edit Page" and remove it.
                  6. Save the page.
                  7. In the AdminCP go to Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options.
                  8. Set "Allow Multiple Registrations" to No.

To use the CSS Workaround to hide a module, you would use

The registration page is not Page ID #1. That is the Home Page. In addition to this, there is no data-pageid attribute in vBulletin 5.5.6 as far I can see.

.page3 #widget-3 {display:none}

However, this is a poor way to do it when you can hide it via Module Permissions or editing the page in Site Builder.

There is no way to hide a notice by page

If you want to use CSS to hide a notice on a specific page you would use:

.pageXX [data-notice-id="YY"] {display:none}

XX is the Page ID and YY is the Notice ID. As stated before, CSS is very very very specific. You can find the Notice ID by inspecting the notice in your browser.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                    To remove a module from a page, you would want to use Site Builder
                    1. In the AdminCP go to Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options.
                    2. Set "Allow Multiple Registrations" to Yes.
                    3. Go to your registration page by adding /register/ to your site URL.
                    4. Does the Module actually show here?
                    5. If so, click "Edit Page" and remove it.
                    6. Save the page.
                    7. In the AdminCP go to Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options.
                    8. Set "Allow Multiple Registrations" to No.

To use the CSS Workaround to hide a module, you would use

The registration page is not Page ID #1. That is the Home Page. In addition to this, there is no data-pageid attribute in vBulletin 5.5.6 as far I can see.

.page3 #widget-3 {display:none}

However, this is a poor way to do it when you can hide it via Module Permissions or editing the page in Site Builder.

There is no way to hide a notice by page

If you want to use CSS to hide a notice on a specific page you would use:

.pageXX [data-notice-id="YY"] {display:none}

XX is the Page ID and YY is the Notice ID. As stated before, CSS is very very very specific. You can find the Notice ID by inspecting the notice in your browser.
                    Thanks a lot Wayne. You saved me .

Comment