Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paulnicholson
    replied
    Youre now telling me that I didn't need to upgrade for hundreds of dollars to fix the problem? Reply to my support ticket! Its been 8 days!!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Upgrading to vBulletin 5 fixes the communication errors that you were complaining about as well as compatibility with modern servers. vBulletin 4 can no longer be considered secure software due to its age and the lack of PHP security releases for PHP 7.1.

Users can track their subscriptions on the Subscriptions tab of their User Settings. Similarly to how it worked in vBulletin 4. Like vBulletin 4, if you don't change their usergroup on purchase then they won't see any outward sign that they subscribed. The only reason it wouldn't change their usergroup is if Paypal sends back a failure notification. However, since this is you're business, you would know this because you would know to constantly compare vBulletin's transaction logs with your Paypal payments logs so these can be corrected. vBulletin 4 behaved the same exact way. In fact, aside from bug fixes and a few communication updates, the paid subscription functionality is EXACTLY the same as it was in vBulletin 4. It even uses the same legacy classes and payment methodology.

They will receive an email. If you're email address is being returned as your site name, then you should update your settings to reflect your site name in the AdminCP.

p.s. Every ticket is urgent. Some of the more demanding ones take hours to resolve.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 10 Feb '20, 9:55am.

Leave a comment:

• paulnicholson
    replied
    Nevertheless, in the support ticket in which we are discussing the Paid Subscription bugs in VB4 at a rate of one message per 20 hours or so, you said "I recommend upgrading to vBulletin 5.5.6 as soon as possible." implying that this would solve the issues. So I EMPTIED my bank account into yours because I trusted that this new version of vbulletin would solve all the issues.

"Paid Subscription purchases through Paypal do not send confirmation emails to the customer.
    They do not show the customer anywhere in their Profile or Settings that they are now receiving Paid Subscription Benefits.
    There is no countdown timer for the customer to keep[ them fully aware of how much time is remaining.
    If the customer clicks on 'Subscriptions', it says he doesn't have any.
    The Paid Subscription has been designed to change the usergroup of a paid subscription customer. This failed to happen so the paying customer received NOTHING.
    Paypal tells the customer that my website is called my email address.

How do I fix these things please? This is HIGH PRIORITY. I have paid staff. I have paying customers."

This initial problem has not gone away, I've lost the avatar gallery, I've lost lifetime ticket support, and you have ignored my ticket which says it is urgent because my business model is from paid subscriptions as you knew before you urged me to upgrade - which I did. My fourth license. I joined in 2010. Ten year customer. I've been standing in line at your ticket support window for more than 24 hours now, waiting for you to return to address this urgent paid subscription issue, and now in the forums you're going to be honest with me? So what, now you'll simply switch off support for it now that 100,000 customers have given you their money expecting a product to work as described and be fit for its purpose? Im BEGGING YOU to PLEASE come and address my URGENT TICKET. I have upgraded my Paypal account, which required registering a business, trying to imagine that it was not vBulletin5's fault. But it clearly is. Or some setting that you could easily tell me. Silence, or closing the shutters on me because its the weekend will be a MAJOR problem.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I will be honest with you. The likelihood of this happening in the near future is almost zero. vBulletin is not ecommerce software. It is a discussion based CMS with some ecommerce convenience features. Complying with ecommerce laws and regulations for 160 countries is more than our resources allow for.

Directing users to the payment site allows the subscription functionality while allowing our developers to focus on vBulletin, not constantly changing third-party APIs.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    Place a Static HTML module on the page using Site Builder and put the script code inside the Static HTML module.

Or use their Mobile Apps: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/mobile-apps

Leave a comment:

• paulnicholson
    started a topic Paypal Express Integration

Paypal Express Integration

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_203.png
Views:	145
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	4433842

This is how checkout looks when my users go to pay using Paypal. But I want these buttons instead, with a popup that allows them to pay WITHIN my website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_204.png
Views:	81
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	4433843

Instructions on how to integrate this are written here: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/ch...ry-the-buttons

I was hoping someone could provide step-by-step instructions on exactly how to integrate these instructions into vBulletin. I'm sure a lot of people would love to know. Thanks.