vBulletin 5.5.6 does not remember me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin 5.5.6 does not remember me

I have a problem that "remember me" has stoped to work.

I have checked the following

Same cookie prefixes match in the /config.php and the /core/includes/config.php file. They are "zp" for me at https://www.zoopet.com/forum

The other tips from Wayne was
    "Make sure that your cookie path and domain are set the defaults under Settings -> Options -> Cookie and HTTP Header Options. Path should be / and domain should be (blank)."

I can't set Path or domail there. Look at image

Click image for larger version

Name:	Greenshot 2020-02-02 11.41.34.png
Views:	99
Size:	773.0 KB
ID:	4433357

Attached Files

The advice above is old and not exactly relevant today.
    1. Make sure the cookie prefix in the /config.php and /core/includes/config.php files are exactly the same.
    2. If you have multiple installations of vBulletin on the server (i.e. a test server), then make sure each installation has its own unique cookie prefix.
    3. Delete the stored cookies for your site in the browser. Login again with Remember Me checked.

Cookie Path and Cookie Domain should not be changed. They were added in vBulletin 3 because browsers had problems with sub-domains. This is no longer the case today. This would allow you run multiple vBulletin installations on the same domain or provide a little cookie security. Even if you are running multiple vBulletin installations on the same domain, changing the cookie prefix in the config files is the better fix today. The options were hidden because people would change them for the wrong reasons. Today, vBulletin's cookies are HTTPOnly and SECURE. Plus browsers have really strengthened cookie handling for privacy reasons.

If you feel you changed these values in the past, you can view them while the site is in Debug Mode. They will be under Settings -> Options -> Version Info and Other Untouchables (Safe).
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X