Problem with G-Suite after upgrade to 5.5.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with G-Suite after upgrade to 5.5.6

Hello! After updating to 5.5.6, mail about registering new users and site feedback dose not work with G-Suite. I did not change anything in the server settings, dkim and other settings of domaine remained the same.

Has anything been changed in vbulletin for work with email?

In admincp did not detect any errors with send mail.

P.S// The rest of the mailing list features (new like’s, new messages and private message notifications etc...) work without any problems.

Last edited by elektro-kot; Sat 25 Jan '20, 12:16am.

What is G-Suite? I am not familiar with any feature in vBulletin that would be called that.

There were no changes to email in vBulletin that would prevent the system from sending email. What email system are you using in the software? SMTP or PHP? You can see this under Settings -> Options -> Email Settings in the AdminCP. That other emails are working though points to vBulletin handling email properly.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks for the answer Wayne

G-Suite - is a set of premium google packages, including email (gmail) for domain name., for example - [email protected]

Yes i use PHP.
      After the update notifications about new members and site feedback are no longer available, I just not receive mail in G-Suite, other notifications work without any problems.

What reason could be the for this problem?

Comment

Probably using PHP as your email sender. Emails sent using the PHP Mailer are more likely to be blocked by anti-spam systems on the receiving end. Often times they aren't sent with the proper identifying information.

You should switch to SMTP. Google Mail allows you to send mail via SMTP using one of your email addresses.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en

Your hosting provider might also allow SMTP sending of emails. You would have to contact them about that service.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Probably using PHP as your email sender. Emails sent using the PHP Mailer are more likely to be blocked by anti-spam systems on the receiving end. Often times they aren't sent with the proper identifying information.
          Thanks Wayne. Fix, the problem was in indicating the user when sending (mail from). I don’t know why, but in previous versions, in the notifications of new users and site feedback, the name of the site was indicated in the sender’s name, as in all other email notifications. In 5.5.6 this changed - in the notifications of new users and site feedback the sender was not indicated (unknown sender), I had to make some configuration in postfix and now everything works fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X