No announcement yet.

Attachments from DB to Filesystem reporting possibly incorrectly in Attachment Type Manager

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Bug / Issue] Attachments from DB to Filesystem reporting possibly incorrectly in Attachment Type Manager

    RUNNING: 5.5.4patch2

    I have been working on restoring my website and forum and had started from scratch. The did have backups which I utilized for the db (database) and the attachments folder.
    At one point in the past, I stored attachments in the db, but then later I switched to the fs (filesystem) in the attachments folder that I made to be chmod to 777.

    While going through all my settings after uploading my old db and linking it properly in the config.php file and seeing that everything was showing up, I decided to check as to where the forum software thought it was going to store attachments.

    I went and did a search in the admincp and came upon the page "Attachment Type Manager".
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Attachment Type Manager.png Views:	0 Size:	26.3 KB ID:	4424921
    Please See Attached picture.

    Now, it reports that "attachments are currently being stored in the database. This is not what I want.

    Naturally, I click on GO to move the attachments from the DB to the FS.

    Then I find a conflicting message on the next page that comes up. It now says its going to move my attachments from FS to the DB. Please see attached picture:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Attachment Type Manager page2.png Views:	0 Size:	28.2 KB ID:	4424922

    Now, the questions are:
    1. Is the first page not reporting properly and the files are actually being stored in the FS and not the DB?
    2. Or is it the other way around?
    3. Even if I hit GO on the second page, these two pages never change at all. They will always report the same exact way.
    4. Does anyone know, especially due to this strange behavior, where things are actually being stored?

    Not sure if this is a bug with 5.5.4patch2, or, if it is just on my server/website.

    ***This is a brand new install, only thing only is the database.***

    Any insight as to what is going on it greatly appreciated.

  • #2
    Does anyone else have this issue? Is there an official statement on this issue? Is this a known bug or just an isolated incident?


    • #3
      it all comes down to values in the database. It seems that the values in your database are out of sync. Without access to the AdminCP and/or Database, we can't see where the actual issue is occurring. You would need a support contract and submit a ticket with this information.
      Translations provided by Google.

      Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API


      • #4
        Thank you for the reply on this, i understand that this would need more personal info to get to the bottom of this. I didnt have this problem until the September 25th zero day hack on my vbulletin. I'll follow up with the ticket system. Thank you


        widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.