Using Adsense with vB Sitebuilder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Adsense with vB Sitebuilder

We are going to use Google Adsense to create some revenue for our Forum using vB ver 5.3.4.

Adsense sent us the following directions but using Sitebuilder our only options appear to be to paste their code into an html module or an ad module since it doesn't appear we can paste it between the <head> and </head> tags.

=================================================================

Connect your site to AdSense

Use the following ad code to activate your account and start showing ads.

1 Copy the code below
    2 Paste it into the HTML of http://forumania.com, between the <head> and </head> tags
    Copy and paste the code on every page you want ads. The ads will appear after we’ve activated your account.
    3 Check the box and click done when you finish

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
    <script>
    (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
    google_ad_client: "ca-pub-4826280370880175",
    enable_page_level_ads: true
    });
    </script>

=====================================================================

It is not required to put it in the head. But to do so, you can re-purpose the "Enable Google Ownership Verification" option in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Search Engine Tools . Enable it, then paste the code in "Google Ownership Verification HTML tag" field.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report INITIALS AVATAR (Better) Name Card Quote Selected Text Likes Summary Disable AJAX Pagination Stop Links in Posts...& MORE!

Comment

Another option (if you are not using vBCloud) is to edit the head_include template and paste the code there.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report INITIALS AVATAR (Better) Name Card Quote Selected Text Likes Summary Disable AJAX Pagination Stop Links in Posts...& MORE!

Comment

Glenn, many thanks. I put it in the ACP verification and enabled it. Really appreciate it. I'll take a look at that head_include template just in case I learn something. <g>

Comment