questioning vB5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questioning vB5

Will i be able to further edit the site the way i want? as a creative individual this is important to me. I cant edit much on cloud unfortunately.

Will i need to buy a new license at $249? or upgrade to vB5 Connect at $209? and after that is there a subscription monthly or yearly fee because i dont see any details about that on the order page?
    Last edited by Nintenex; Thu 26 Jan '17, 5:10pm.

You will have 100% access to all code with the self hosted version plus you can upload modifications and third party styles.

You will need to buy a new license as you don't have a vB3 or vB4 license to upgrade. There are no additional fees or subscriptions payable to us for vB5 after you purchase the license
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Is there anything i need to know before i try transferring my site over? I'd still like to keep all the threads and user accs, post counts, ect.

Comment

You will be able to transfer everything. Just request a copy of your vBCloud database. But you should do that when you already have a web hosting and bought a vB5 license. I recommend you to get a VPS plan and not a shared plan. I have a list of VPS hosting plans on my site.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report INITIALS AVATAR (Better) Name Card Quote Selected Text Likes Summary Disable AJAX Pagination Stop Links in Posts...& MORE!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
          You will be able to transfer everything. Just request a copy of your vBCloud database. But you should do that when you already have a web hosting and bought a vB5 license. I recommend you to get a VPS plan and not a shared plan. I have a list of VPS hosting plans on my site.
          alright thanks glen, ill check it out i think i foudn the thread you're referring to. here

if thats the case i'll just stick with dreamhost its where my domain is being hosted on so ill go with them.

Comment

Guys, Once i get my cloud data base and buy the vbulletin5 full version, what do i do with it next?

Comment

The steps are outlined here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...wnload-product
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment