User profiles don't update - issue after vB update 5.2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User profiles don't update - issue after vB update 5.2.1

Hi, I am hoping someone here can help. I've spent the last 6 hrs trying to find a fix and I am at the end of my rope with this.

We just updated to vBulletin version 5.2.1 (from 5.2.0) last night and today no one can update their profiles - except administrators. We checked the templates and the issues persists on each one (vB Default and custom ones). Users are able to save changes if they edit a field for the first time (it had no values prior) but they can't modify any of them after that. User Status and user date of birth can still be updated but none of the custom fields can be changed by anyone except admins.

Field Editable by User are all set to YES.

Please, can anyone help? Is there a new setting somewhere we are missing?

I just tested it here on the location and biography fields - same issue, you can't re-edit and save.

Comment

Bug report: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-15893

Comment

To fix this temporarily, edit:

core/vb/datamanager/user.php

...and comment out line 1165 (should be this):

Code:
                        continue;
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Trevor Hannant thank you ever so much! I've been refreshing both this page and the bug tracker for the past two days hoping someone will find a fix. I really appreciate it!

I went in and the line 1165 had just "continue;" there. I commented it out:

Click image for larger version

Name:	code.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	4341388

I tested it on both the admin and the user side. And it works great now!

Again, thank you!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X