• Show
Clear All
  • MsNikita
    • Feb 2016
    • 4.2.x

Weirdness in the spacing between

Hello,

I'm running a stock vb 5.2.0.

I seem to be having a strange issue, it appears to affect half of the default stylesheet. The forum lists on the left doesn't quiet match much with the widgets on the right.
    Does anyone have any ideas how I might resolve this issues? This really bugs me.

Thanks
    Nikita
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

What theme is that? Is that one of the stock themes?

Btw, I noticed that you put the Google verification meta tag in the Google Analytics option. This causes a javascript error on the page. You should put the tag in the Search Engine Verification option.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Collapsed PM Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• MsNikita
      • Feb 2016
      • 4.2.x

Ah, thanks for the reply. ​The theme there is Gradient.

Even with google site verification and the site title removed, those two boxes still doesn't level up. How would i solve this?
      Personally, I'd sooner have both boxes on the same level. Either move one up, or move the other down a touch, if that's possible.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

I didn't say the Google Verification was the root cause the problem. I just noted it as a separate issue.

Anyway, put this in css_additional template or via Sitebuilder > Style > CSS Editor for Gradient theme or all themes.

Code:
        .activity-stream-widget .site-name {
            display: none;
        }

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Collapsed PM Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• MsNikita
          • Feb 2016
          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
          I didn't say the Google Verification was the root cause the problem. I just noted it as a separate issue.

Anyway, put this in css_additional template or via Sitebuilder > Style > CSS Editor for Gradient theme or all themes.

Code:
          .activity-stream-widget .site-name {
          display: none;
          }

Thanks Glenn. That worked perfectly.

Now... Would you mind telling me how or where I can find the CSS for Latest Activity and My Subscriptions? Seems the background colour is always white, even though the forums isn't.

Also, is there any guide as to how I skin or customise the look of the ckeditor? Ideally, I'd like to make input box transparent. Make the buttons semi-transparent with a white identifier.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by MsNikita

Thanks Glenn. That worked perfectly.

Now... Would you mind telling me how or where I can find the CSS for Latest Activity and My Subscriptions? Seems the background colour is always white, even though the forums isn't.

Also, is there any guide as to how I skin or customise the look of the ckeditor? Ideally, I'd like to make input box transparent. Make the buttons semi-transparent with a white identifier.

The tabs at the tops of modules should be controlled by the ModuleTab style variables. The other portions are controlled by the Module style variables.

CKEditor CSS is in /js/ckeditor/skins/moono, /js/ckeditor/contents.css and within the template css_b_editor.css. We don't support modifying CKEditor.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• MsNikita
              • Feb 2016
              • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

CKEditor CSS is in /js/ckeditor/skins/moono, /js/ckeditor/contents.css and within the template css_b_editor.css. We don't support modifying CKEditor.
              Thanks, but it's OK for me to mod it using their themes I assume?

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

Originally posted by MsNikita

Thanks, but it's OK for me to mod it using their themes I assume?
                Yes, if you know how to do it you can change it however you please. It's just that we can't provide any help....
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• MsNikita
                  • Feb 2016
                  • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Mark.B

Yes, if you know how to do it you can change it however you please. It's just that we can't provide any help....
                  Thanks Mark. I understand and I'm experimenting

Comment