Help understanding Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help understanding Help

Members of usergroups with this permission set and in those channel will be able to Blogs and Groups.

What does that sentence mean?

Admin Help
    Can Join
    Members of usergroups with this permission set and in those channel will be able to Blogs and Groups. Note that this does not override the settings by the owner. So for example if the Blog is set to request only, the member needs this permission and must be invited to join.

Seems like some sort of typo at least, where exactly are you getting this text?

Comment

I wanted to know what "Can Join" means in the context of the vBulletin Admin CP > Usergroup permissions, so I clicked the Help icon.

While I have your attention, what does "Can Join" mean?

Comment

Hello,

I see, the box says:

Members of usergroups with this permission set and in those channel will be able to Blogs and Groups. Note that this does not override the settings by the owner. So for example if the Blog is set to request only, the member needs this permission and must be invited to join.
        I believe what it meant to say:

Members of usergroups with this permission set and in those set in the channel will be able to join Blogs and Groups. Note that this does not override the settings by the owner. So for example if the Blog is set to request only, the member needs this permission and must be invited to join.
        Blogs and Groups (Social Groups not Usergroups) work a little different than Forums and Articles. Members have the option of "joining" a blog or a "group" - Joining usually gives them permission to post in it, possibly other permissions as defined by the blog owner or group owner.

This should usually be set to Yes, but if you didn't want certain users being able to join groups for some reason (perhaps very new users) then you can set it to No and they won't be able to join either blogs nor groups.

Comment

Thanks, at this point this is strictly a Forum, no Blogs or Groups yet. That will come later. So it sounds like that setting doesn't apply to my current users.

Comment

It won't as long as you remove access to the blogs and groups - easiest way to do this is to delete the navbar tabs to those sections.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment