Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IggyP
    • Mar 2012

nav bar tabs not highlighting properly

i have just notice this issue on my 5.2.0pl1 install, verified on a default style.

i have a couple custom tabs in the nav bar... a cms, gallery test, and a couple channel links.

all the stock tabs(blogs,articles,groups) highlight properly if i navigate to them...some of my custom tabs will also

some custom tabs will highlight the forum tab tho which i dont understand in particular since they are coded exactly the same in the site builder.

any thoughts? thanks
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

What are the URLs of pages pointed to by the custom tabs? If those pages don't reside in its own directory (e.g. /blogs), then it will highlight Forums.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Collapsed PM Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• IggyP
      • Mar 2012

oh interesting hmm lets see...so one is a private forum in its own category channel that works...but now i see 2 the same and one does and one doesnt...links are like..

working:

www.mysite.com/vbinstall/forum/private-category
      www.mysite.com/vbinstall/forum/private-category/private-channel<<<midway permission fwiw?

not working:
      www.mysite.com/vbinstall/forum/private-category/private-channel<<<<same private permissions as the first link above
      www.mysite.com/vbinstall/forum/public-category/public-channel<<<<(marks gallery workaround test)
      www.mysite.com/vbinstall/mycustom-cms

idk...a curious mix of things

Last edited by IggyP; Sat 27 Feb '16, 10:12pm.

Comment