Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to add logo to hotlinked attachments. need to move attachments from database to filesystem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mangoz
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. Without doing it, I didn't know what the end result would be. I just see the setting to move them. Was hoping that would allow me some manipulation of the files

• Zachery
    replied
    That's not how it works. The attachments are still going to be served through the api/php, they're just stored in the filesystem instead of the database.

Leave a comment:

• Trying to add logo to hotlinked attachments. need to move attachments from database to filesystem?

I want to do this so I can do some image magic work on those folders for hotlinking (slap a logo on attachments for hotlinking) and I've not been successful getting any script to work while the attachments are stored in the database. Unless someone has a better way, I'd like to move the files from the database to folders so I can run scripts on image files when they are hotlinked.

I need a little explanation of this process.

Do I just make some folders and then just hit go in the admincp??? Is there any risk to this process? Big warnings about the move?

Thank you.