Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deve@speedprint.com
    replied
    What do I do now? A database error occured, please check the database settings in the config file or enable debug mode for additional information.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Using your FTP client, upload the files in the upload directory of your download package to your webserver. When the FTP client says "These files exist, do you want to overwrite?" say yes. It will not overwrite any pre-existing content. It will not overwrite your config.php files.

After uploading the files, you would then run the upgrade.php found at /core/install/upgrade.php by appending that to your forum URL in a web browser.

When the upgrade script completes delete the directory at /core/install.

Leave a comment:

• deve@speedprint.com
    started a topic First Upgrade Help

First Upgrade Help

This is the first time I have upgraded my VB5. So how do you copy files to the server? Whats confusing me is the settings where I did put images in the file system, as well as the pages themselves, and how are they handled with a fresh install? If you rename in this case forums.devestechnet.com to something else, then move the upload directory to the server, change the name to forums.devestechnet.com and run the config, wouldnt you lose ALOT of stuff? How do you overcome this? What about changes to the additional css file? Etc.