Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permission problems when modify a group

Hi everybody

We have a problem what is going me crazy we have finished to setup almost all our site ( vBulletin 5.0.5 ) and everything was working fine last 3 days ( people posting without problems a everything more or less quite stable ). Suddenly today people say they can't see the button to create new topics neither new posts. Then I check my "Registered Users Permissions Group" and Can publish it set to NO. I switch it to YES and then reload the webpage where a "Registered User" is logged and there is the new topic button !

Then I browse several channels and sub-forums to check i can see these buttons ( create new topic and new post ) but after some time switching i come back to one the channels where everything was fine and again no buttons !!

Then i come back to check "Registered Users Permissions Group" and "Can publish" is again set to NO :-? no matter how many times I set to YES always i edit again the permissions group i see NO again on Can publish .... the weird thing is when i set to YES and I save settings for sometime i can see the "new topic" buttons with no problem :-?

No sure if maybe is some problem with Permissions Channels where something is crashing but we are going crazy with this problem. Our new website is at production and nobody can post and complaining

Attached it is default settings we have for registered users

Hello ??? Wayne ??? can somebody help me ????

Comment

Are you setting permissions on each forum level, or just the usergroup level? Is the software setup to email you database errors?

Comment

• asanchezg
        asanchezg commented
        Editing a comment
        We are setting usergruop lever for "registered users"

Are you getting any errors when saving the permissions?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• asanchezg
        asanchezg commented
        Editing a comment
        No no erros when saving

Fixed but really i don't how I did .... I thought problem it could be caused because some channel permission it could be also configured with some permission which overwrite the user group permissions. At channels, permission list everything was on black what means "no modification over the default settings", i re-set again some of them to default ( beside be marked on black and i was supposed no changes was done before ) and everything works again .... but not 100% if was because what i did cause it has nonsense :-?

Anyway now i have a new problem i suppose it is caused because some wrong permission but "About" tab on member profile always see empty even if you have filled the form on custom profile.

Attached it is the screenshot with channels permissions on black.

Also attached how i see the profile about tab and another screeshot where you can see the form with profile info is filled.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Comment

Hello ???? someone from support can help me ??? the empty profile issue i coudn't get to fix myself yet any help is welcome.

Comment

Create a new style with no parent:
          • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
          • Parent Style: No Parent Style
          • Title: Default vBulletin
          • Allow User Selection: Yes
          • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment