Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rob275
    replied
    Just so you guys know, not that you probably care, but after not having any support for two months I moved to Invision, I highly recommend anyone experiencing the shocking level of service from these guys to move there as they have a free migration tool that works flawlessly.

I sincerely hope you lose enough business to warrant you caving in under economic pressure.

Leave a comment:

• rob275
    replied
    Originally posted by scamtacular View Post
    Maybe it's an issue with a server caching setting? And I'm no closer to solving 4 issues on my forum after almost 2 months due to a lack of support from these staff so you're not alone
    Doubt it, it was never an issue before. Indeed it's bad, as soon as I get a migration tool for Vanilla I will be leaving this trash behind. It's a shame as it's the lack of support that's swung me, i fear vBulletin will not be lasting much longer if they keep it up.

Leave a comment:

• scamtacular
    replied
    Maybe it's an issue with a server caching setting? And I'm no closer to solving 4 issues on my forum after almost 2 months due to a lack of support from these staff so you're not alone

Leave a comment:

• rob275
    replied
    This is really poor support guys..

Leave a comment:

• rob275
    replied
    Bump, the forum i created has now shown up today, so like 3 or 4 days later. Why is it so slow to appear? :S

Leave a comment:

• rob275
    replied
    No problem Wayne, as long as i get help eventually... All my forums are either under forum or another forum within forum. One thing I have noticed is basically i have the following heirachy...

Home
    -Forum
    ----Events
    ------JAE2014 (This took a few days to show up)
    --Marketplace
    ----For Sale / Looking for
    --Traders and discounts
    ----Trader 1 (showed up fine a while back)
    ----Trader 2 (showed up a few days after finding the permalink and physically posting in to it)

The weird thing is the permalink is website.com/forums/forum/marketplace/traders and discounts/

why would the permalink be this? It makes no sense.

If it helps for you to have access to my admin let me know I can sort this. Perhaps you will see the issue straight away but i see nothing wrong personally..

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What is the parent of your created forums? In order to be forums they must be under Forums. They cannot be under Home.

Sorry about the delays in responses, I am still not used to having to manually subscribe to every thread and miss some when in a hurry.

Leave a comment:

• rob275
    replied
    bump... created another forum and same issue.

Leave a comment:

• rob275
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• rob275
    replied
    Well this is what i'm waiting for but they'd rather beat around the bush it seems :S

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    Then this is pretty weird and it looks like someone from the support staff has to look into this (with an account to your site/AdminCP).

Leave a comment:

• rob275
    replied
    There is no Parent channel, it is just in a category it's most definitely set to act as a channel. Quite frankly it doesn't make sense...

EDIT: Infact I lie, the one i was initially talking about does have a parent, but the permissions are the same on both the parent and child.

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    Do you have a parent channel with different permissions, which may affect the sub-channel?

Did you create it as a channel in "Channel Management > Add a new forum > Act as channel" and not as a category?

Leave a comment:

• rob275
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• rob275
    replied
    Thanks for the reply Joe,

I have checked the permissions, its set to "Yes". I cleared my cache and still not viewable when not logged in.

http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/

It's a forum in the traders section, "Abbey Motorsports" not showing up.

I had the same issue when creating the "Fensport" one and it came viewable eventually after not changing anything.

The abbey forum is yet to do this though.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X