My App doesn't look anything like vBulletin's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My App doesn't look anything like vBulletin's

I went through the mobile Publisher, submitted everything. Got my apk. Installed it. But when I look at my app vs what Vbulletin has. My app has extra spacing around the words. Some of the forums and categories don't show up. I've tried changing the color, adding and deleting forums and categories. Also after every "Forum" there's a colored bar. Which vBulletins app doesn't have. But it looks very little to vBulletins app that you get off app stores. Could someone please let me know if I'm doing something wrong, or how to fix it.
    Image Screenshot-20210920-220257 hosted in ImgBB

Looking at the images, it appears that you are not using Categories for your forums. The hierarchy on this site uses Categories to break up the listing of forums.

You can turn forums into categories by -

1) Editing the forum channel in the AdminCP under Channel Management → Channel Manager and setting "Act as Forum" to No.
    2) Opening the Channel Manager in Site Builder and clicking the "Make Category" button for those top level channels.

However, note that Categories can only contain other forum channels. They cannot contain topics.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jerome mayle
      jerome mayle commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello? You still there?

I did that before. But it still it looked like this. That's why I "DELETED" the catagories to see if that would help. I deleted forums, catagories re-added them and still I keep getting all this "EXTRA" space AND a bar after each forum
    Image categories hosted in ImgBB

Comment

I took YOUR NAME and made them categories on my site and this is how it looks on my app
      Image wayne-luke hosted in ImgBB

Comment

So, back to your point that I wasn't using categories to break up forums. In this example I took your name, made the top one a "Forum" and the bottom ones categories and the forums are still broken up by empty bars
        Image Screenshot-20210922-005655 hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Any idea what's going on?
          Image Screenshot-20210920-215651 hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Every forum needs to sit underneath a category.

You can have more than one forum under any category, but any forum that has no parent category will have a blank category bar above it.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I put the category above the forum and it still has the blank bars. I can provide pictures if nessesary

Comment

Also why would there be extra space in the area where there is words?

Comment

Since the URL on your customer account doesn't lead to your vBulletin Forum, please provide a complete screenshot (the entire page, scrollbars and all) of the Channel Manager from the AdminCP. You can access this under Channel Management -> Channel Manager.

You should be able to add the image to your reply instead of using a third-party site.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

This is my Channel Manager.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Second screenshot.
                      Attached Files

Comment

If that wasnt clear hears a large image https://ibb.co/P4Q2FqT

Comment

All of your forums are "Level 1" forums.... This is why you are seeing the bands of color. Edit some forums so that their parent is "Wayne Luke". Then edit "Wayne Luke" and set "Act as Forum" to No.

For comparison compare your forum layout to the image below. That image is from my local server and represents my vBulletin Development Test Forums. There are three categories (Category 1, Category 2, Category 3) and each category has 3 forums. The channel with the name "Forum 2.1" has four sub-forums. See how they are indented under their parents?
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	CleanShot 2021-09-22 at 13.20.38.png Views:	0 Size:	278.9 KB ID:	4461427

With the above, the Category 1, Category 2, and Category 3 channels will show in a blue band on the Mobile App. The others will be listed in white similar to your original vBulletin.Com App in the first post.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

AWESOME!!!!!! Thanks to you. I got it to work. The only problem is on my app it looks great but on my site it looks like this..... The categories show, BUT on the forum website the forums are hidden... You have to click the category to get to them.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• jerome mayle
                              jerome mayle commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Once again thank you!!!!!!!
                          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X