Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iOS App: Inputs don't work, no content is being shown

Hi,

When I download my iOS and run it on the iPhone simulator, the application has two major problems:

1. I cannot interact with any of the text inputs. It's impossible for me to enter a username/password or create account information. Buttons do work, though. It seems to be a problem with the text inputs only.

2. No content is showing up. If I skip login and navigate to the "All" tab there are no posts even though our website forum has plenty of content. All of the tabs show the text "No Results"

Not sure what's going on here.

Do you allow guests to view the "Home Page" channel under Channel Management → Channel Permissions? The "Can View Channel" permission must be set to Yes. This is required for the App to be able to connect to the API and operate properly.

If you do not want guests to view your content, then set the "Can View Channel" permission to No for the guest user group on the Forum, Articles, Blogs, and Groups channels.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Isaac Way
      Isaac Way commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, I have changed the permissions for guests like you said and now forum content is showing up on my app, which is great. Thank you.

However, the app's text inputs still just don't work (in the iPhone simulator at least). I am unable to create an account or login, it seems like as soon as I tap on a text input the app disables the text input with no feedback at all.

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      Does the same issue happen in the actual app using Testflight on your device?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X