Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Android mobile App

Hi,

I've just downloaded the app package for Android and have installed the APK on my phone while I'm waiting for Google to upload it to the store for testing.

After a small amount of testing I have the following issues with attachments:

1. Attachments show cropped vertically (see screen shot). Experimenting shows anything over small crops the picture
    2. If I click on either the inline picture or the thumbnail I get a "resource downloading" but after waiting nothing seems to happen
    3. The app can't access my camera. When I click the paper clip when replying to a post or commencing a new thread I get the option of "take photo with camera". When I click on this option I am returned to the edit screen of the post, but no camera. I have checked the app permissions and it has camera permissions.
    4. The app can't attach existing photos. As above when I click the paper clip I get "add image from library". I am able to browse the image gallery but when I select an image the app returns to the post edit screen with no attachment.
    5. When a user attempts to use the QR on a post, every time a letter is clicked on the phone virtual keyboard, the screen jumps to the top. the user can scroll back down and put in another letter and the screen will jump back to the top again - and so on. The QR can be sent but usability is absolutely zero.

Our Forum URL is www.pajeroforum.com.au.

Any assistance with this would be welcome.

David

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201031-164001_Pajero Forum.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	4449577
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dboutchard; Sat 31 Oct '20, 12:58am. Reason: adding more information

Just following up re the issues I reported in my previous post. I have tried the camera and file attachment on two different devices and they both behave in the same way. The app asks for permissions for storage and camera - twice. Once at the very beginning post installation, and again when I click on the paper clip to attach a file or use the camera. In both cases, permission was granted.

I've double checked the device permissions and the app has access to both in settings. I still get the feeling there is a permission issue there somewhere.

I have the vbulletin forum app on my device and it has none of the issues that my forum app exhibits.

Comment

HI,

I am getting no responses on the ticket I raised for this issue since November 4.

While this problem persists we cannot go ahead and publish our app to our members.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

David

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X