Admob clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admob clarification

I have yet to get Ads working in my apps and it takes forever to try and trouble shoot with as long as app deployments take. So I was hoping to get some clarification on the instructions:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 12.28.28 PM.png
Views:	73
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	4443594

It asks for a single 'Ad unit ID', then below says "you can manage your mobile advertisements through their website".

On Google's AdMob website I have a 'App ID' for both the Android and Apple app. It seems that if I can 'control the ads through their website' I need to use that, and from there be able to turn on and off diffrent add units. That doesn't seem to work.

If I create an ad unit, I get an "Ad unit ID" like the instructions ask for, but I can only save one ID in the app builder. So which one am I supposed to use?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 12.54.51 PM.png
Views:	46
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	4443595

I've tried banner and native and neither worked.

Can I get some clarification on what ads the apps should support?

Do they only work in live and not the test enviroments?
    **Need Authorize.net for auto subscription renewals, vote for it here!

VB 5.6.2 Patch Level 1
    PHP 7.3.6
    10.3.24-MariaDB

It should be a banner ad. If you are using an emulator for testing, it should be able to show ads on the test device as specified here: https://developers.google.com/admob/android/test-ads. Otherwise, it would only work in a live environment.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      It should be a banner ad. If you are using an emulator for testing, it should be able to show ads on the test device as specified here: https://developers.google.com/admob/android/test-ads. Otherwise, it would only work in a live environment.
      Thanks Wayne Luke
      **Need Authorize.net for auto subscription renewals, vote for it here!

VB 5.6.2 Patch Level 1
      PHP 7.3.6
      10.3.24-MariaDB

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X